June 21, 2008

Day 1 to CA

Well, we made it to Jackson, TN. We ended up getting a later start than we wanted to. Finishing up the last of the cleaning and hooking the car up to the tow dolly. Then we had a few stops to make in town. We filled my car with gas as it is a dollar more a gallon in CA, ate lunch at Sonic(probably for the last time...don't have em out here), stopped at Joann's for a picture frame I JUST HAD TO HAVE, and lastly for Chuck to check how the load was doing/shifting and make subsequent changes. Finally at about 3:30 we were on the road. A little late...no harm no foul. Kassie did fine for the first hour or so but then was spooked by C hitting the brakes and never really calmed down again. She sat upright between us and panted heavily the rest of the day. She loved our exercise breaks and was happy but did not go potty at all the whole day. She drank LOTS of water though. After dinner we drove for about another hour and a half and she calmed down then. I don't know if it was because it got dark or what but she laid down and slept till we stopped at the hotel. Still no potty...mama worried! Still would not eat. We went to bed and finally I heard her eat. This morning I took her outside and she still would not go. I dropped her leash and she walked off and went #1. Went back to the room to feed her and she would not eat. Took her back out and after a very long time she went #2. She still has not eaten but at this point I am not as worried. She's doing fine this morning other then not eating. Panting a little but is relaxed and laying down. We've decided to change our route. We were going to drop down towards Dallas and then go across but since we don't have time to stop to see family in Dallas we decided to stay on the I40 all the way to Flagstaff, AZ then head down to Phoenix and across to SD. I have never come this route so I am excited to see new things.

No comments: