June 25, 2008

Moving 2198 miles across the USA

This post is to show the many diverse terrains we drove through on our route from TN to CA. I took these pics using my new camera and mostly while going 65-70 mph from the passenger seat.
Arkansas
Mulberry, OK
Mulberry, OK
Checotah, OK
home of Carrie Underwood
Yummy! Oklahoma
Near Oklahoma City, OK

Route 66, Texas
leaning tower(done on purpose to bring in curious customers)
Texas
New Mexico
New Mexico
New Mexico
rainstorm, NM
New Mexico sunset
Arizona
Arizona cactus
Arizona
California, just inside border of AZ
CA desert
CA
heading up the mountain, CA
random, I know
terrain changes from desert to mountains
windmills
Kassie helping daddy drive

road through mirror
we saw lots of these on the road
long stretches of road ahead
plenty of roadwork
we went through roadwork in every state
I loved the old signs
not talking about TN, I think it's Arkansas
I don't think that gift shop is there anymore
nor this one
what the world???
hehehe...
clouds...purty!


Woohoo...WE MADE IT!!!







4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Those pictures are awesome! It's amazing to see how different our country is from one side to the other. I'm glad you all had a safe trip.

PS - I love the horse! :)

The Thompsons said...

ha ha...u are funny..i love the shot of the side mirroe and what a BEAUTIFUL sunset...Randy and I are planning a trip driving out west in an RV when the kids get a little older!

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you guys made it safe. I just loves the horse pictures. I had to take a second look, I thought wow what a way to move a horse.

Frances Vineyard said...

Thank you for the sweet comment! This is a really cool post! I'm glad you all made is safe on the other side of the USA! Happy Fourth!