September 25, 2008

I'm starting to get worried...

My best friend from childhood is getting married this coming May and she has asked me to be in her wedding. The dress is strapless. I have spent this entire summer wearing sleeveless shirts. I do not sunbathe!!! But I walk Kassie a couple times during the day, we go to the dog park a few times a week, and we have gone to the beach once or twice a week all summer. I use a 50 SPF sunscreen. So what's the problem? I still have the worst farmers tan ever on my shoulders. The Portuguese in me tans very dark very easily. It gets darker every day. How will I ever even back out by May? The covered areas of my body are Knoxville white and my arms, face, lower legs and feet are California tanned. *sigh*

On another note, I mentioned previously about buying a house or renting one for a year first. It has been a long drawn out decision for us. Ultimately, we have decided to stay at my mom's house. She suggested it...and when you think about what we will pay in rent and having no utility type bills we can save so much in just one year. One thing we wanted was some of our stuff from storage. My mom has agreed to let us pull out our kitchen stuff and box hers up for now. That will help us a lot. tehe...ok, we are snobs about our stuff.

OK, call me crazy but, I took Kassie to the beach...again! It cooled down quite a bit but yesterday and today it warmed back up. I had to take advantage of our fall heat wave. All my friends in Knoxville have been posting about Fall and the leaves and pumpkins and so on. Not a Fall type item in sight here. It does not even feel like late September here. Well, it does cool down at night. I miss seeing the leaves change color and pumpkin pies. I almost look forward to pulling out my electric blanket. And I'm missing the choir xmas music starting in September. I used to listen to xmas music non-stop from Sept. to Dec. for the choir program. Not this year! :(

I am making a commitment to get on the treadmill everyday to get in shape for this bridesmaid dress and get my baby making factory ready. I knight thee (ya'll) my helpers to keep me on track. I won't post pictures...well, maybe every once in a while...you don't want to see my mug that often. Please feel free to leave encouragements every once in a while or to check in with me. OK, 4 paragraphs later...I'm done!

3 comments:

The Thompsons said...

Girl, you can do it. I am doing the same thing..and I'm on a 6 week program to get a head start ..it is awesome..have to eat 6 times a day though. Any hoo...you need to post pics so we can see you changing! Dont be shy.
And about the farmer's tan..it's called a tanning bed..duh.lol jk

Frances Vineyard said...

he he he tanning bed is terrible but I think you either brake down and wear you a strapless shirt on all these beach walks or hit the tanning bed!! You can do it! You can do it!! Rent some twin two year old boys..it has really really helped me! Yes, post pics and keep us informed...if you have to post weekly, that will help!

Nicole Kaminsky said...

Ok now that you are still going to live so close we need to get together. You let me know when you are available. I think when you get closer to the wedding you just get a spray tan that way you can tan the area's you need to more and its better for you. You are lucky you tan at all. I don't. Well email me or send a message on myspace and we can finally get together :)
Nicole