March 23, 2009

Not Me Monday

It is time to cleanse the soul and spirit by confessing all those things you may or may not have done this week. Go see Mckmama to play along or to blog stalk other confessors.
*
If I were to plan a get together at my house I would expect everything to go my way with no mishaps.
*
Therefore, when I went to Target to find something cute and spring-like to hold my drinks instead of using an old ice chest, I walked right up to the perfect thing to use. Okay, so I didn't but Easter Stuff is already out why isn't the rest of spring decorations out?
*
I did not mention my failure to hubs and the very next day, while passing Dixieline, he saw for sale half wine barrels. They were $26 and there is no way he walked out of there with it for $20. It's not cute at all and not exactly what I had in mind. Woohoo!!!
*
Our refrigerator is not stuffed to the gills with food to make a VERY large stock pot of chili, 2 large pans of enchilada's, a huge salad, and all the fixin's to go with it.
*
We did not have to buy a new stock pot as our biggest one is not nearly big enough. I have no clue as to where I'll be storing this thing later. My house just is not that big.
*
We did not get up today to start preparing any food we could only to find the huge bag of raw chicken thawing in my fridge was leaking it's nasty germy yucky stuff all over the place. Of course this would happen when the fridge was packed solid. Why not when it's half empty?...which is the rest of the time.
*
We are not lucky that it was on a lower shelf and when it spilled over the edge it did not go into the vegetable drawers. Of course, we didn't have to empty out the whole lower half of the fridge to clean it up.
*
On that note, I would never pull the bread (that is less then a week old) out to make us sandwiches only to find it moldy. What is going on here??? While I noshed on a bagel instead hubs did not prefer to have a bowl of cereal for lunch. Mmmm...nutritious.
*
I would never employ ole St. Nick for a spring get together. Therefore, his face was not plastered all over my dessert platter. I did not use my cute paper napkins to cover up the fact that he was under there.
*
The weather always works in my favor, so naturally it did not rain on the morning of my outdoor party. I would never have to stuff up to 20 people into my small living room. I don't miss my Knoxville house and it's ability to hold that and many more.
*
I did not prewrite most of this post and schedule it to post automatically then come back and finish writing it after it had already posted. I am not super worried about MckMama's family right now as Stellan is in the hospital. I don't think she is hosting Not Me Monday today.
*
Please pray for baby Stellan!

2 comments:

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I love to have a full fridge. Something about it makes me feel secure.

LOL! Just as I typed this my hubby is trying to get something out of the fridge and something fell out. He cursed and said stop buying food for this fridge! Just proves my point.

I am so worried about baby Stellen too, she just had an update.

The Thompsons said...

I say spray paint the barrel hot pink! he he