Okay, so no one wanted to guess what my brother was dressed up as. Party poopers! He was a roasted marshmallow! My mom was creative like that. One year she dressed my sister up as a fireplace. Oh, ok...I'll post that pic too!

See??? She even has some little sticks in her arms. And the raggedy ann wig made a come back too.
moving on...*
*
*
I got all of my mom's negatives yesterday. She made a point of my being very careful with this one. It is a 1940's pic of her grandparents farm in Iowa. Back then a photographer would fly over farms snapping shots then they would come door to door and try to sell the pictures. I was able to photoshop out a huge crease in the middle of the photo. (It was a postcard that my mom took in to Dean's photo many years ago and had a negative made and it had the crease in it so it shows up on the negative) My mom has very vivid memories of this farm and her summer visits to see her grandparents as a child. The farm is no longer in the family and all the buildings have long since been torn down. I have not been to Iowa since I was 10 so if we drove by the farm site I have no memory of it.
I got all of my mom's negatives yesterday. She made a point of my being very careful with this one. It is a 1940's pic of her grandparents farm in Iowa. Back then a photographer would fly over farms snapping shots then they would come door to door and try to sell the pictures. I was able to photoshop out a huge crease in the middle of the photo. (It was a postcard that my mom took in to Dean's photo many years ago and had a negative made and it had the crease in it so it shows up on the negative) My mom has very vivid memories of this farm and her summer visits to see her grandparents as a child. The farm is no longer in the family and all the buildings have long since been torn down. I have not been to Iowa since I was 10 so if we drove by the farm site I have no memory of it.

4 comments:
Thanks alot I need the fond memories. I hated that costume.
Wow your mom was creative. I wish I could be creative like that but no such luck! Great costumes.
Love the pictures and am so glad that I found your blog....Hope you will visit me.....
Ha ha ..I know who I'm gonna ask this year when it's time to come up with three Halloween costumes!
Post a Comment