April 21, 2009

Stuff and more stuff

It has been a few days so I thought I should get on here and share my super exciting life with everyone. Today baby Stellan had heart surgery. Went well but not perfect. Please keep praying for him as he heals and can hopefully go home soon. Thursday I went to El Centro to my friend Elena's house to help her sister, my childhood bestest, Karen do wedding stuff. We laughed all day long. It was so much fun. I have never cut so much material in my life. Her tables are going to be gorgeous.We've joked about making this a regular get together thing to scrapbook or something. Not that much would get done with all the jabbering and hilarity that comes with life long friends. Just before darkness fell we drove up to Elena's old house where the Clifford family trailer still sits. They lived in this as a family of 6 for 10 or so years. It is so much smaller then I remember. We were always at their house so that makes their family even bigger. I have memories of spending the night, decorating Christmas cookies around the small table, squeezing into the tiny bathroom and even climbing into the really small bed with Karen's mom and dad when I was scared. I remember hooking up the trailer to a Jeep we called the "beast" to take it somewhere to dump the waste. Good times...good times! That is Karen and Elena's foreheads poking out of the trailer door. I laugh at how much Airstreams cost cause this one is worth nothing more then scrap metal.

moving on...

Guess what...we have a Sonic near us now!!!

I was so tired Friday that I did next to nothing. Saturday we ended up at my moms house to help install a new counter top, sink and stove. (When I say we helped, I really mean Chuck). Sunday I met another good friend from high school days...hi Jenn...for dinner...thanks...and we hit up Target. More yabbery jabbering ensued! Good times! Note to self: do this more often!

Monday was soooo hot. It was a good test for how our house would handle the heat. Not good!!!!!!! It got to 89 degrees by mid day. Yikes! Needless to say we went to Lowes in the evening to get window tint and Target for some more fans and a curtain for our front Bay window. Still installing the window tint but the house only reached 84 degrees today. Woohoo...progress.

Have I mentioned to anyone...we have a Sonic now???

All is almost right in my world. I just need a Chic-fil-A that is closer then Chula Vista cause I'm not driving there!

That's enough from me....*silence* *cricket cricket*

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Hi! I found you on Kelly’s Korner. Love your blog! Your puppy is too cute! I just wanted to let you know about my blog giveaway to benefit baby Stellan and his family. Check out my blog for all the details!

The Thompsons said...

U are whacky! And Sonic is a BAD BAD thing when you are trying to lose weight!