June 4, 2009

Welcome to my home office...

It’s time to tour home offices. It is never too late to join in on the tour of homes. Go visit Kelly for more info or to view other offices.

*

While I do not have a separate room for an office, my bedroom is humongous so we have partitioned off the end of it for my office. So without further ado…come on in!

*

To get to my office you walk past the bed towards a floating armoire. We covered the backside of the armoire with a curtain. This is the curtain I mentioned in my Not me, Monday post.

Then you walk around the other side and this is what you see. Notice the huge window…love, love! These curtains were provided by the landlord. This window has lots of privacy. We hardly ever close these curtains.
And here it is…
This is my lovely Ikea desk. We sold my last desk when we moved from Knoxville.
This was my birthday present. Not the computer itself but the monitor. Our old computer had a 15 inch flat screen. I loved it but my 22 inch is SO MUCH BETTER!!!
We got the scanner about a year and a half ago. It’s my baby and I would not know what to do without it anymore. I am working on scanning all my childhood negatives. My mom and I are very excited to see the results.
Is it really an office without one of these?
I was tired of all the USB cords we have hooked up for my various toys getting in my way and getting tangled up. So this is what I did. I used Velcro on the back of the monitor and some on the cords. I also labeled each cord. I have 2 cameras with individual cords, an ipod cord, my cell phone charger, and a wireless headphones charger cord. Plus, I have devises back behind the monitor for my wireless keyboard and mouse. They each have their own remote. And lastly, my speakers are in the wire mess. That is a lot of wiring (and it is very dusty back there too).

This armoire has been my crafting center for a few years now. I love it. It has tons of space. Did I mention it was given to us for free a long time ago? Oh yeah, baby!
Here is a closer look into a few of the drawers to show you how crafty I can be…
*

These drawers are for my office stuff as my lovely new desk has no drawers built into it.


These 2 are sewing drawers…love, love! (hubs and I made the thread holder trays. I could not find one I liked so we used unfinished wooden trays found at Walmart. I painted them and stenciled them, hubs drilled holes and cut dowels, we glued the dowels in and voila…done.

This is one of my scrapbooking drawers and the plastic drawers have scrapbooking books in them waiting to be filled with pictures.

The rest of the drawers are filled with various other crafting supplies. Behind the armoire doors I have junk, my computer printer, junk, lots of material, more junk and lastly junk!

*

Thank you for stopping by my humble home this week.


9 comments:

harmonysong said...

WOW! Organization at its best!! :)

tiarastantrums said...

oh you have some good stuff in those drawers!

Tara G. said...

What a great way to maximize your space and your organization just warms my heart!

KIMBERLY said...

PAM-- THANKS FOR YOUR SWEET COMMENT ABOUT MY MESSY DESK! HAHA! I LOVE HOW ORGANIZED ALL YOUR OFFICE GOODIES ARE... I NEED A BIT OF THAT ORGANIZATIONAL BUG TO BITE ME! THANKS FOR SHARING! BLESSINGS!

Anonymous said...

You are too cute! I love being able to see your house from thousands of miles away. You have done a fantastic job with it. I especially love the bar stools. So fab. ;0)

Nicole Kaminsky said...

Wow Pam do you want to come organize my house for me. Just kidding. But you are very organized and I'm very jealous.

Courtney said...

Great office. I love the corner desk!

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by! I LOVE the idea of using your armoire for a crafting center! Keeps the clutter hidden away!

Frances Vineyard said...

Look at this organization..you make me sick! :)