December 28, 2009

Xmas projects revealed...

Remember me teasing you with this picture a while back? Weeeeeelllll, it's time to reveal what I made from it.
I found this idea over at Kelly's blog. I thought...I can do this. Of course, my hubs had to weigh in and suggest we do snowflakes instead of shred. So, off to Michael's we went. We found a snowflake puncher. It punched one snowflake at a time! Hubs gets total props for doing 95% of all the punching. We used construction paper. Except for the chocolate brown color. A thicker paper had to be used for that as there was no brown in the construction paper. The brown about did us in. It was too tough to punch. We even broke the first puncher and had to go buy another one. Needless to say, only 2 ornaments were made in the lt. blue and brown color. Hehe...and if that weren't enough...I got 3 more 6 packs on clearance after Christmas was over. Next year should be fun!


My brand spanking new DSLR camera. I'm totally in love!!!!!!
But boy, do I ever have a lot to learn.
Ha! I found this list for hubs stocking. He had fun reading it out loud.Here it is. You have to read it.
I saw these cheeseballs over on Brandi's blog. I had to know where she found them. She kindly obliged the info. Sam's club. We only have 1 here in our area and as I LOVE Costco so much better we do not have a membership to Sam's. So, off we go...to Sam's. We got inside and I begged for a temporary pass and they gave me a 1 day membership pass. Ha! So the joke is...my grandfather used to buy all us grand kids a small tub of cheeseballs and wrap it for us. Every year we got these darn things. It confused us as to why and even became the family joke. It's not Christmas till we had our tub of cheeseballs. Well, it's been years. I thought it would be funny to show up with a humongous tub of them. My mom kinda beat me to the punch by also getting us small tubs. Now I'm swimming in danged cheeseballs. Just thought you would like to know one of our old corny traditions.
I want you to leave all warm and fuzzy. So here's my sweet babies.



5 comments:

Brandi said...

Love the ornaments! I was wondering what you were doing with all those snowflakes...

And it's a Canon?!! You are rotten! ;)

The cheese balls just totally crack me up! It may become a Christmas tradition around here... they are GOOD! :)

Nicole Kaminsky said...

I LOVE the ornaments! Great job

nest of posies said...

ok...i am freaking out by all our similarities. i got a canon too for christmas. but now i've noticed frances is a follower & you really do know rhonda. i didn't get that before. such a small world indeed.
i hope you have a great new years. again, i am amazed about the similarities. i know i am telling my age here, but when i went to chc the new church building for mtn. shadow's was being built. i lived in the dorms during all that building banging & hammering. memories, memories.
take care.

Brandi said...

Hey girl, do you know you are a 'no reply'? I take it upon myself to be the no reply police.

Anyhow, if you want to change that, you can go to your dashboard and put an email address in (I made a new gmail account especially for that b/c my personal email had my whole name in it) and then when you comment on someone's blog, they can comment back to you. Of course, I don't mind coming back to your blog to comment back. ;)

So... the curtains, ick. My parents bought us some leather furniture when we moved into our house 3 years ago b/c it was our *first* house and it was a big deal for us. It's burgundy... and then we found these curtains on sale and thought they'd be perfect. I was hoping the other colors in the curtains would stand out and add a little something, but instead they just look burgundy like the furniture. It's too matchy-matchy for me. Plus they are really shiny.

Anyhow, I have NO idea what colors to go with... I've been thinking about going to JoAnn's to try and find some fabric I like and maybe make some? I don't know...

Anyhow, whew, now I've written you a book about my ugly curtains (and I've just noticed I use the word "anyhow" entirely too much)!

Hope you guys have a Happy New Year! How are you liking your camera?

The Thompsons said...

It was an Itouch in the Bandaide box ..he he (Craigslist bargain of course)
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!