April 7, 2010

Spring break fun...day 12

Sleeping in...is the bomb! I slept in today and still took a ridiculously long nap. Hey, the day is not over. One more nap may be in store for me.

I finally roused myself, took a shower and we headed out. My goals for today were to go pick up my painted pottery and lunch at the Corvette Diner...and maybe the library for Miss Thang.

Before we left I googled the diner because I had not been there in a while. Good thing I did. They had moved. They have been in Hillcrest forever and a day. Now they are in Point Loma. They've made the place look the same but it was NOT the same. They no longer throw handfuls of Bazooka gum at you. They also used to throw your drink straws and napkins. Didn't happen. Maybe we just got a dud of a server. The hostess said they still do all that stuff(except the gum). It could have been the late hour. We did not get there till 2 PM. The lunch crowd had already come and gone. Maybe the excitement of the place is caused by having a full house. Who knows??? The food was still good.
Here's my new fruit bowl. The colors are great. (even better in person)
That is our last name and our first initials.
Rose's Tinkerbell.

Our afternoon ended with a quick trip to the library. We fought Rose soooo much this year on reading. I will bend over backwards to make sure she has the books she needs to read. If she asks for a trip to the library...we usually drop everything and go!

4 comments:

{Kimber} said...

that place looks so awesome!!!
I love how the paint projects turned out!

Nicole Kaminsky said...

wow the pottery looks great!! I want to go!

starnes family said...

Straws in their hair?! Crazy.

The pottery is darling.

Kmama said...

I love the fruit bowl. How cute is that?

Thanks for coming by and complimenting me by saying I look like Elizabeth Shue. I actually here that quite often. Moreso when I was younger and thinner!! Thank you!!