Today, the featured animal is the Peacock. These 2 males were in the same enclosure with the flamingo's. It has been years since I have seen a peacock open it's tail feathers. I think it is a timing issue. I have never been around at the right time! The first thing we did was to take the bus tour. We were sitting on the second tier. First stop...the flamingo's. Both male peacocks had their tails open. I could not get a good angle to get a picture. I was chanting in my head...please still be open when we get back. Needless to say, they were not still open. One was perched on a low tree branch right near where were standing. The other was way across the yard. I must say, even closed those feathers are impressive. But wait, what is the one across the yard up to? It's preening! He's starting to lift...aaaaand they're up! He lifted them facing away from us and then he did a slow sashay around until he was facing us full on. (Thank goodness for zooming lens) I could seriously hear a tune in my head that was come hitherish while he sashayed around. hehe...enjoy!
7 comments:
LOL! Um, yeah, the 'baby' bird's beak was totally different. Duh. Still cute though!
Great peacock pics! I love the background you got with that one shot... very 'Mckmama.' Did you edit it to get it that way? Really lovely. :)
Oh how pretty! We were at the zoo a few days ago and I was really disappointed that the peacocks didn't show their feathers! They are just so gorgeous.
Very beautiful!
ha ha, stole another one.
They really are gorgeous! I find it so interesting how they wander freely in zoos!
Wow!
Gorgeous - love the flow of it!
Post a Comment