Diptych
This was an old adobe building at a campground in the desert.
Book
Anyone who knows me well knows that my leather bound Jane Austen collection is my favorite book. I would have had it open to Pride and Prejudice. Unfortunately, it's packed in storage. Edward Cullen does great in a pinch when Mr. Darcy is otherwise preoccupied.
When I think about how Spring is in the air, I just have to do the snow dance!
Hey, us Californians find snow charming and a novelty. When we get snow we flock to the mountains in droves, sit in the big parking lot otherwise known as a freeway and wait our turn to play in the inch of snow and hope beyond all hope it doesn't melt before we make it to the front of the line. You think I'm kidding......but I'm not! These pictures were taken in the desert with the snowy mountains in the background.
A Taste of Italy
We drove to Little Italy on Friday. It is located in a section of downtown San Diego. The food smells were divine. And, I found a camera shop I did not know about. The bottom picture was a painting on the side of a shop.
Reminders
It never hurts to be reminded that Spring is coming along with new life. (This hummingbird made it's nest in our arbor on our patio.) The nest is about as big around as a 50 cent piece. Those eggs are incredibly little!
Alrighty then!!! It looks like I may have made every entry this week a diptych! I just couldn't help myself.





22 comments:
I love how you did a diptych for each prompt. I like your perspective on these shots.
What a great capture of the nest and the eggs! Great diptychs, all. :)
I love that you went a little extra and made them all diptychs - a nice creative touch.
I really like the adobe building and the hummingbird!
Carletta@Round The Bend
Such great shots! I love that top one, the colour and textures are so wonderful.
Wow - that nest!! your hummingbird diptych is my favorite. :)
Oh my gosh! LOVE your Spring pictures. I am so excited about it! Hurry up Spring! : ) Laughed about your snow experiences. I am definitely happy I won't have to see any of that stuff for 9 or 10 more months.
You are on a roll with the diptychs. I loved them all - such great shots :D
Loving these, your Taste of Italy shots are wonderful and the little hummingbird nest is amazing!
love the italy, and the nest.. and I am a twilight fan .. too.. started watching vampire diaries.. too.. childish but ,,, i like it
Wonderful shots. I've been a baby hummingbirds before and they are TINY. So cute. :)
Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com
All great pictures again. I love the hummingbird pics. I've never seen one of their nest. It is so tiny!!
Wonderful pictures Pam! Beautiful colors and they are all so crisp. I love your fill in the blank, so creative!! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
Ps I left you an award on my blog on Friday! Xo
Nicely done - it looks like you had a lot of fun with diptych!
I LOVE hummingbirds... How cool to have one so up close and personal... and a nest and teeny tiny eggs!! **sigh** envy envy!! =) Great shots!
Thought about you recently when I watched Marley and Me. Didn't realize how cool dog beaches are and how hard they are to find!
Very creative!! I LOVE your hummingbird nest shots...gorgeous!! I just hung out feeder out today, although we won't likely see any for a few weeks yet.
Hi Pam.. I am just luv'n everyone of your shots.. They are amazing..
Hugs, Linda
You're on a roll with the diptych photography, and a triptych too! LOVE the photography, and your interpretation of 'reminder'!
Fabulous post!!! I loved all of them!. Thanks for your kind comments on my 25th anniversary post.
Oh, the hummingbird and her eggs are amazing shots! I really love the cactus with the snow in the background!
OH the last one is simply perfect! Love that sweet fuzzy nest!
Love the hummingbird images! I can't imagine how tiny those eggs are.
Post a Comment