July 11, 2012

Edit Me...

Edit Me


This summer we get to showcase our own pictures to edit. This pic was taken a while ago(my nephew is in GA for the summer) but I just edited the pic special for him at his request. He saw my pic I did with a flag on my face and wanted me to add a dragon to his face.
What I did:
I took the clean edit and opened it in CS5,
I found a pic of a dragon in google images and opened it in CS5,
I copy and pasted the dragon onto his face,
I dropped the opacity way down on the dragon so I could see his features to reposition the dragon where I wanted it,
then I added a layer mask and meticulously removed any part of the dragon pic that I did not want,
When I was done masking I brought the opacity back up to where I wanted it. I think I liked it at around 60%. Still bright enough while giving it the painted on effect. Any brighter and it looked like a superimposed photo on his face.
And that's that!
Here is the original and clean edit.


7 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is pretty awesome that he requested a dragon! love it! =)

Amy S said...

oh what an awesome edit! :) Totally cool!

Kaylene said...

Great edit and placement of the dragon. Cheers

Gina Kleinworth said...

That is really cool!!!! I actually thought the dragon was done by some awesome face painter until I started reading. Great job!

Deborah said...

Sooooo creative ...

Media Goddess said...

Thats a cool idea. I will try to use it for my school's yearbook this upcoming school year. Thanks!

JulieH said...

What a cool aunt! Great edit!