Going Back In Time
This one was up for interpretation. For me it was about taking an afternoon trip to our local mountains where I grew up. I love it up there.
Something Just For Me
Last Friday hubs and I went to Joshua Tree National Park in the evening to spend the night under the stars photographing star trails. It was fun. The following Tuesday my mom and I went back since the pass was good for a week. I can't wait to go back and hike and camp. Unfortunately, that is best done in the winter. This place is tucked in an out of the way spot of the park. We drove 10 miles out of our way to see this cactus garden. I had no idea what we would find in this "garden". This was beyond my wildest imaginings. About 2 miles of thick dense cholla cactus!!!
Best Part Of My Day
This will seem weird but I take my picture every single day. It's to chart a journey I am on. One of my hopes is that through this process I will also become less afraid of being in front of the camera. While my daily pics will probably never see the light of day I took some special pics today for you all.
Night and Day
If you were hoping to see some star trails after I mentioned them above then you are in luck. I set my camera up on a tripod with a wired remote. I locked the remote on with 30 second exposures then climbed into my car for a much needed nap. This is about 50 minutes worth of 30 second exposed pics. I used photoshop to blend them together. The day shot was very early the next morning at sunrise. It was soooo beautiful! I'm not a desert person but Joshua Tree is magnificent.
Look Up
We bought a second camera. It's the brand new Canon T4i. I think hubs is enjoying his foray into photography.
Bonus
Hubs really wanted me to share his star trail pics he took and edited himself. I even made him his own special watermark. lol








16 comments:
These are great. I still have not done star trails but I need to. Awesome shots.
Those star trail shots are amazing! I love that you take your picture every day. That is quite a way to chronicle your life.
Very interesting set . . . I have never heard of star trails but enjoyed your photos. I really like that first shot, too.
LOVE the star trails! Your collage of photos is gorgeous...and so much fun. And how wonderful that you and your hubs can enjoy photography together!
cool editing on the last photos! and I think I would have a special place in my heart for those mountains too!
Wow, beautiful!
I just love the best part of your day, and the idea behind it is so cool!
And those star trails...... =)
Well done, Pam...I love Night and Day!
Night and day is amazing!!! Wow!!
Wow...the star trails are stunning!! Love them all! Your hubs definitely looks like he's having fun. I love the idea of daily pictures and thank you for sharing some with us...
I think you are pretty : )
I have no idea how you did that star trail thing but I think you are an absolute STAR for doing it. WOWOWWOWOWOOWWOWOWOWOOWOWOW!
Seriously. WOW!
I also love the cactus garden.
Your post made my day : )
Have a happy week pretty girl.
Oh my goodness - the star trails are AMAZING. I just stared and stared.
And your daily pics? I *love* the personality in them. You are totally the girl I could arrange a bloggy lunch with and I would run and hug you around the neck and not feel all weirdo because you make the same faces I do (and hate being in front of the camera like me).
Thanks - awesome way to start the day.
The star trails are amazing! Awesome work Mr. And Mrs. Pam!
I really enjoyed seeing you photos for this week. You and Mr. Pams star trails look great....
Beautiful star shots... love! and the ones of you are fun!
A fabulous visit,loved your timed night shots and the star trails,and the cactus flower and its great that you snap yourself everyday and loved hubbies work too!
Oh how I love those night shots!!!!!!!!! I have been wanting to try this for a while. Great job!
Loving those faces too- made me smile!
Post a Comment