September 12, 2012

Liberate Your Art 2012

This summer I was able to participate in a postcard swap. I sent the host, Kat Sloma, my postcards along with address labels and stamps for my returning postcards. She took my 5 cards and the other almost 200 participants cards and swapped them out so we each got back 5 cards as well as 1 from her. That's 6 postcards from around the world! It was very exciting to open my mailbox each week. Here are the cards I received...
The first card came from Julie Christine Phillipps. I wish I could say she gave more info but...that's all I have on her. I love my card Julie. Thank you!
My second card came from Valerie-Jael. After doing some super sleuthing on her blog it looks like she is originally from England but is now in Germany. She can be found at www.bastelmania-craftattack.blogspot.com I love my postcard Valerie. Thank you!
My third card came from Kate. Again I had to do some super sleuthing. Kate tells us she's from the Midwest...Indiana to be precise. She can be found at www.kmericks.com I love my postcard Kate. Thank you!
My fourth card came from Karen Claverie. Karen is from Idaho. She blogs at www.giddyupletsride.blogspot.com I love my zentangle postcard Karen. Thank you!
My fifth card came from Jan Smith. Jan is from England. She blogs at www.jansartyjunk.blogspot.co.uk I love my postcard Jan. Thank you!
My sixth card came from Kat Sloma. Kat is from Oregon. Thank you Kat for the beautiful postcard and for hosting this fantastic card swap!
Bonus
My seventh card came from Deanie Houghtaling. Deanie is from Arizona. I love my postcard where the original picture was taken in Paris, France. Thank you Deanie!
These are the postcards I sent in to be swapped.
1. Downtown San Diego at night.
2. A butterfly from the butterfly exhibit at the San Diego Safari Park. The butterfly exhibit is only on display for a few weeks each Spring.
3. The Carlsbad Flower Fields. The Flower Fields are also only open from March-May depending on the growing season of the flowers.
I used a texture by Kim Klassen as my backdrop for my photo's.

25 comments:

JansArtyJunk said...

It's been such a fun swap!! Love your cards, especially the nightime shot of San Diego...
So glad you got one of mine ;)
Jan x

Justine said...

these are lovely, it was great fun participating wasn't it?

WrightStuff said...

Such a great opportunity to make new friends. I've loved seeing all the cards.

Sinderella's Studio said...

everything amazing!!!!
cheers, dana

chelle said...

i love your blog post & the way you layed out your postcards..i really LOVE your flower field postcard..so beautiful..the colours, the composition..everything!!

heyjudephotography said...

Both the cards you sent and the cards you received are lovely. This was so much fun! Hope to see your work again next year!

starnes family said...

Love this idea! How cool!

Unknown said...

Fabulous. I love the way you showcased the post cards. It's been a lot of fun!
ox
lynn

Marji said...

You received some beauties! So fun to swap art in the world.

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful cards! Btw did you notice that we both received a card from Kate and Jan, and then I received your beautiful photograph of the San Diego Harbor to top it of !? I think it's a funny coincidence. Thank you again for the card, I relly like it!

Deanna said...

You really did receive some gorgeous works of art. Thanks for sharing. And yours were absolutely stunning...wonderful photography!!

Unknown said...

What a fun swap.. So many great postcards my friend...

Hugs~

Tracey FK said...

Great work from you... I would have been thrilled to receive any of those... enjoyed finding your blog also and am now following so I look forward to seeing a lot more of your work...xx

Anonymous said...

Pleased to meet you; the swap was such fun. Your postcards are lovely...both given and received.

Laura lok said...

These are all awesome. Love this swap

Becs said...

What a lovely set, both given and received. It was such fun wasn't it?! Happy weekend.

giddy up said...

I just started to hop and see that you received one of my Zentangle postcards... glad you liked it. Love the other postcards you received too.

Valerie-Jael said...

This has really been a fun swap, and glad that one of my cards landed with you! Can't wait for the next swap! Valerie-Jael

Anonymous said...

Its fun to find out where my card ended up! I love the other cards you received as well!

Marilyn said...

I love the way you photographed the postcards you received! Lovely cards given and received!

Marilyn

Unknown said...

What a fun swap! You received some really lovely cards -- and sent some lovelies as well! I also really like how you presented the cards. Looking forward to the next swap!

Kara N said...

The swap was so much fun and I love the card I received from you! The buttetfly is beautiful.

Unknown said...

Love both what you received and sent, looks like you had a great time, so did I.

Anonymous said...

Great post and I really like the way you used the texture to add contrast to your post! The Swap was such a great time!

Siobhan Wolf said...

Love the way you photographed your postcards for display here. Lovely artwork. The cards you sent are amazing, too. So much fun, this swap. Looking forward to next year!