The first 2 weeks of May hubs and I took a road trip to Chicago. We drove there in 2 days! They were the longest 2 days of my life. Kinda fun though. I love seeing America first hand rather than flying over it. Here are a few pics and highlights from our trip.
This is somewhere in Utah at a potty stop.
This is somewhere in Utah at a potty stop.
We went to the Chicago Botanical Gardens. I LOVED them. I know San Diego has it's own perks but I wish we could transplant their gardens in my city.
The Midwest was still in winter sleep. But, while we were there we got to watch the plants and trees wake up. Very neat.
I don't know what this is but these were hanging from a tree.
Bumble Bee
Hubs was hogging the tripod. I took this while holding the camera (pats self on back). To get the blurred water effect you have to have a very slow shutter speed.
Chuck's mom took us to the Illinois State Beach Park. It was a windy, cold day. But lovely none the less.
Chuck and I went downtown one day. I had never been to Navy Pier so that's what we did.
Buckingham Fountain was running while we were there.
Chuck's moms neighborhood was full of these flowers in the road islands. The trees above were still dormant though.
Colorado on our drive home. A drive we did in 3 days this time. Learned our lesson!
A bunch of kayakers were coming down the river. So much fun.
Arizona
While we were in Chicago Chuck's mom had a health scare. We thought it was a mild stroke. Thank goodness it wasn't. She ended up in the hospital for 2 days. During this time I got a call that my uncle passed away suddenly. It made for a stressful couple of days. Chuck's cousin drove in to see us from Indiana. We also got to have lunch with his brother Bob. We didn't get to see my friend Eddie due to the other stuff going on that last week. I stayed true to my diet and lost 6.5 Lbs in those 2 weeks. I went to Hobby Lobby twice! On our drive home we stopped in Primm, Nevada to ride the Buffalo Bills Casino roller coaster. No upside downsies and yet the most terrifying roller coaster I've ever been on. Anyhoodles, that sums up the first two weeks of May.




















No comments:
Post a Comment