November 25, 2008

No Navy Pier this time...

We went to downtown Chicago today. It was fun. We started out by having lunch at Pequod's Pizza. It is a traditional Chicago style pizza. Yummy. Then we went to the Hancock building and paid $15 a piece to go up to the 94th floor to the observation deck. It was a gorgeous clear day. I took lots of pictures. Who knows how many came out though. We crossed Michigan Ave and went into the American Girl store. Too cool. We decided to leave after that and got back in the car. We drove all the way down the Magnificent Mile till it was no longer magnificent and turned around and came back up Lakeshore Drive (where the rich live). The lights were lit already on the trees downtown for Christmas so the drive out of the city was neat. Then I proceeded to fall asleep for the drive back to the house (about a 45 minute drive). Now it's dinner time...I'm starving! As the title states, we did not go to the Navy Pier even though it was on our list. Next time maybe!

No comments: