December 9, 2008
my daddy
I love my new truck. Chuck got to drive it to Palm Springs and back but today was my turn. I was out and about doing errands when my brother calls to say my dad is at his house. So I go over there to see him. On a whim I offer to drive him back to the Mexican border at Tecate by way of Campo so he can also check his mail. He accepts and we were off. He called Victoria (my stepmom) to let her know when we would be there so she could come meet him. I would not drive my new car over the border plus the wait to recross is sometimes hours. When we got there she had a huge bag of homemade tortilla's for me. Awesome! The drive is really twisty and turny and the new truck handled it great. It is super easy though to pick up speed. Gotta watch that. Lots of CHP's out there. For those who do not know...the Mexican border is pretty close. Tijuana is about a 30 minute drive from my house. Tecate, where my dad lives is an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes from my house. And we had a good chat. Oh, and did I mention that Kassie came along for the ride? She was with me when I went to my brothers house. She liked it...don't let her tell you any different.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment