December 8, 2008

Not Me! Monday...act 5


Time for another episode of Not Me therapy. If you need therapy too go here for the rules. And then go read more funny Not Me's here.
*
We did not have a Christmas party to attend in Palm Springs this weekend.
*
We did not dump the cruddy Ford Focus in lieu of a brand new used Nissan Xterra.
Buying the new used Xterra did not take soooo long that we left the dealership an hour and fifteen minutes late...late for a very important date.
*
We were not so late that we still had to stop at a store that may or may not have been Kohl's to get hubs a pair of dress pants. He did not forget to pack his belt so we did not need to buy him one of those as well.
*
Hubs did not drive the new used Xterra 80-90 mph trying to make up time. I did not stress over our speed at all. I never made a comment in fact.
*
Our room was not the most perfect, beautiful room full of luxuries. It does not rival our honeymoon suite at all.




*
I did not start the water in the humongous bathtub and then climb into the shower with a huge rain shower head to wait for the tub to fill up. Why would I waste water like that. Once in the bath I did not watch a movie from the big flatscreen tv that was in the bathroom.

*

We did not notice the menu for room service and immediately place an order for breakfast. I did not climb out of bed 5 minutes before room service was supposed to arrive and start snapping pics with my cell phone of our fabulous room that we had already messed up completely. No...I would have taken pics right away while the bed was still made and before our suitcase was unpacked. *

There is absolutely no way I was thirsty enough to have opened a bottle of water from the mini bar. The hotel would never charge $5 for a bottle of water!!! (look above at the bed pic...that is NOT a $5 bottle of water) *

We did not stop at storage on the way home to find our Christmas decorations. We did not forget the tree stand and have to go back on our way out to get the tree. Chuck did not break a glass table top by standing on it while climbing up and over stuff to get to the tree stand which was at the very back and all the way on top of the pile. *

We did not finally put up our fabulous Christmas tree!



*

That ends this episode of Not Me! Monday. Feel free to join the fun...it's liberating! I am so excited to see so many of my friends playing along too. I love your stories!

3 comments:

elisa said...

You are too funny, Pam! Love the new Xterra...

Stephanie said...

Oh, that hotel room you didn't stay in is fabulous! I'm definitely in need of a weekend away!

Mrs B said...

What a great set of "not me's". Sounds like you had a great time!