January 15, 2009

Prayer needed!!!!!!

I heard from the bloggy world of a Christian family in Colorado with 10 children who lost their home to a fire. Check out their story here. Please pray for this family! If God puts it on your heart to give to this family you can send checks to their church.

The River Church
Saunders Fire
860 Plymoth Dr.
Durango, CO 81301-4755

YOUR CHECKS MUST HAVE "SAUNDERS-FIRE" IN THE MEMO OR YOUR DONATION WILL GO INTO THE CHURCH GENERAL FUND!!!

I personally chose to give to this family who I do not know. I imagine reoutfitting 7 or 8 children (a few are grown and out of the house) and getting the necessary bedding together and all the many many other needs they have is overwhelming right now. God has blessed us. We have lots of clothing, plenty of food and a roof over our heads as well as toys and gadgets and junk we don't even need to survive. BLESSED!!! If you cannot give monetarily can you just pray? Please!!!

2 comments:

Cascia Talbert said...

How awful! I'll keep them in my prayers. I just found your blog and thought I would pay you a visit. You have a very nice blog here!

Anonymous said...

We have a family here who can also use prayer. Chet's assistant managers nephew was killed at the monster jam show this past weekend. He was only 6 years old. The family is taking it really hard.