February 28, 2009

Free getaways are not always free!

These pics are from our little trip to Yuma, AZ for the Kenny Loggins concert. This first picture is of the rack room. This room basically controls the sound and video for the whole casino. The rest of the pics where taken of the actual concert. We were all the way at the back of the room. As in, against the back wall next to the sound booth. They needed Chuck to be close for emergencies. Thank goodness he was not needed. I also was not able to use my flash so all the pics are taken zoomed in and without the flash. Needless to say, I did have a lot of throw away pictures but got a lot of really good pics too. The lights were amazing. I posted some of my favorite pics with cool lighting effects.


At one point, these people way in front of us stood up and I thought it was cool to take pics with their profiles. This was the best one to turn out. Does anyone else like this?
Okay, so this was after the concert in the back hallway. We were leaving the venue to get a late dinner when we walked into a mob greeting Kenny Loggins. Since I did not have a true backstage pass I did not get into the mix. I just snapped a few pics from behind and we continued on to dinner.






Over all, a good concert. Not my first choice in who to go see but he was entertaining and did a very good job. And...it was free!

You probably want to know what I meant on my title. Well, after dinner in a very nice steakhouse, a full tank of gas, new swimsuits, lunch, snacks, sodas...not a free trip!!! (we slept through breakfast..tehe)

1 comment:

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Looks fun, you got some great pics:)

How true, nothing is ever truly free!