February 16, 2009

Not Me! Monday

**UPDATE** I have been told by a couple people they think that it is a hawk not an eagle. I'm still not sure but either way I'm still impressed by it's size. I can't believe how close I was to it in my yard.
It's therapy time again. See Mckmama's blog for details on how to play or to read other funny stories.
*
I most certainly did not miss last weeks Not Me therapy due to my computer not "seeing" the internet connection. I would have driven all the way across town to my mom's house to post on my blog. Sure I would!!!
*
I did not even give it a valiant effort by sitting on the phone with Cox cable for half the day. I was not defeated when I had to wait till Tuesday for a repairman to come by to fix the cable connection.
*
Hubs has not worked the last 2 weeks out of town...not even coming home till Saturday both weekends. I was not crushed when he said he had to go again this week. I do feel blessed he has a job!!!
*
I was not rewarded for his hard work by going to the Melting Pot for Valentine's on Sunday night. We have not celebrated Valentine's on Valentine's since like, well, never! I don't mind..it was the Melting Pot!!!!!!!!
*
I would never look up and out the window in time to see a huge eagle swoop down and catch a rabbit in our new large country yard. I didn't even have time to run and fetch my camera. When the eagle tried to take off it did not lose it's grip on the rabbit. The rabbit did not make a hasty retreat to safety. (of course it did!!!) The eagle flew over to the trampoline looking for the rabbit underneath. That is where I got my fabulous picture. I love my zoom!
*
Hubs did not find an old bandanna and proceed to give me more blog fodder. Video speaks for itself.
*
My Mother in Law finally made it home from the extended care facility. Please pray she continues to recover quickly from her hip replacement surgery.
*
If you are here visiting...leave a comment so I can come by and say hi on your blog.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yum - the Melting Pot! I'm so jealous!!!

Love the new look, Chuck? You're so lucky he will let you post pictures/videos of him! I can rarely catch Matt on film!

jenn said...

Hey liked the video!

Frances Vineyard said...

An eagle?? Wow, that is amazing, but I'm glad the bunny got away! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, Good picture of the eagle. We can't wait to come see your new house this summer.