
This is a new blog carnival called Show us where you live. It is hosted by
Kelly from Kelly's Korner. This week is featuring our living rooms. Here's mine.
*
Please note...we are living in a rental house so I cannot paint and also we wanted to limit the amount of holes we put in the walls.
*
This is from the hallway looking back at our front door(which is a sliding glass door) and the front corner. It's pretty plain because we are taking in my niece Rose, and her new loft bed will be going in this corner. Yes, we are dropping cable and the tv is going bye-bye!...soon!

I had to stand outside to get a good wide shot of our living room. Please, come on in!

This wall faces East. We have amazing privacy so we did not have anything on this window...till the summer heat hit. The first day we had that was over 95 degrees, our house reached 89 inside(no air conditioning). We ran out immediately and bought window tint and these curtains. You can see I did not want to put holes in the walls so we used a tension rod. I love this window.

This bookshelf next to the window became our children's center. I love collecting children's books(top shelf). Second shelf is toys, third movies, forth wii games and the rest are movies again. Notice the water cooler. I am a water snob. Can't stand an after taste on water so we have *bleeeeep* deliver to us.

We are avid readers!

As a child I collected porcelain dolls. I bought this curio to house my dolls years ago. As you can see it is now my crystal and glassware showcase.

Here is a closer look at my favorite things:
This is a solar sky light. It makes my kitchen and living room so bright in the day time.

My late grandpa made this clock. I loved it as a child and feel blessed to have it given to me.

This is called a circle of friends. It holds a huge candle. My mom hates this...I love it.

One of the few frames I hung on the wall. Wedding photos of hubs and I and even a much younger Rose.

These are our nieces and nephews. I hung these off the side of a bookcase. They all live out of town and I miss them terribly.

We love us some greenery.

Another candle holder. Don't ask what I paid for this. You would be shocked. I was young, single and carefree at the time.

Very important reading material.

Kassie's living room bed. (yes, she has more then one bed in this house)

I already showed you Kassie's dining room in my kitchen post. Well, here is Aria's dining room. We have to keep it out of K-dawg's reach cause she has no self control. Really, she could go back behind the chairs and eat to her hearts content but she is too afraid. I have a weird dog...YES!
**haha...just kidding...we use Sparkletts! Mmmm good water!
14 comments:
You are so organized!c
You really are organized! I love your grandfather's clock. That's really sweet.
I got the graphics this week- you rock, Pam!
Wow you do love books! I do too!
Very nice living room. I understand about the holes and all in a rental. But I do love your bar stools. Debbie
You are SO organized! Wish I was too...and yes, I was definitely cleaning my Living Room in time for Friday's tour! haha wish I could keep the house looking photo perfect but then I wouldn't be able to live here.
Blessings to you!
Love your friends holding hands & all your green plants-my thumb is BLACK! We will NEVER sell until we die! This farm has been in my hubbys fam since the 1800's :) So, the "K" won't be a problem-hopefully one of our 7 kids will take up residency after we are gone :)
Thanks for stopping by! LOVE the clock you got from your Grandpa. I love momentos like that!
Your room makes me want to cozy up to a good book. So inviting.
Mrs. Nurse Boy
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! It is so hard sometimes to not want all new things but I agree, I will have fun later!!! :)
-Ash-
love your curio and all the sentimental details! we had tubular sky lights in our last home and when we first moved in, i kept looking for the light switch to turn them off! i had NO idea there was such a thing!
Thanks for stopping by. I like your living room & I never thought to hang pictures off the sides of book cases before. Man where was this idea when I lived in some places that didn't like stuff hung on the walls.
OMG..I used to have the same circle of friends candle! I loved mine too... Im not sure what happened to it, lost in one of the moves I guess!! Love the books, movies and how everything is organized. Great JOB!! Oh, love the window TOO! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Cool living room tour!
Post a Comment