June 22, 2009

I'm outta control...

No really! I can't stop myself. I continually come up with more ideas for Rose's bed. The latest is a cork board. I hear she's into hanging posters of her favorite celeb crushes and whatnot. So I cut sheets of cork board up, hot glued them together to make them double thick, then double sticky taped them to a support bar on the bed. I didn't like the cut look so I also glued on these cute flowers on the edges. Do they have support groups for these kinds of addictions? Oh well, you're here now...have a looky!
Can you see it?
No really, get in real close! How's that for ya?
Just in case that's not enough...I found these cork strips at Walmart and they fit under the top bar just perfect.


I found this cute jar at Michael's on sale. It had a pretty sticker on it but that did not match the room so I peeled it off and glued the ribbon and flower on instead. We are going to use it as a reward jar. She can earn reward beads for certain behaviors or chores that can be turned in for internet time or money. Hubs and I are working out our system right now.
I also found this on sale at Michael's. Rose can use it however she wants to.
I really hope Rose doesn't prefer Goth or something cause I'm not redoing her room. She will be girly if I have to sit on her and glue ruffles to her forehead...haha!

3 comments:

Nicole Kaminsky said...

I love it all! I really like the reward jar idea.

Brandi said...

That was a neat idea with the cork board! Really cute!

Stephanie said...

She is going to LOVE living with you all. I really mean it. She will just LOVE IT!