June 25, 2009

Welcome to my bedroom

Well, come on in! We have a king size bed...plenty of room for y'all. Go visit Kelly for more bedroom fun or to join the carnival. You know you want to show us where your head rests at night.
*
This is the best shot I could get of the whole room. I took it from the far corner where the treadmill sits (collecting dust). It is a large room which is why we partitioned off a portion for an office. That curtain is hiding our laundry room. I'm going to start from the other side of the room and work my way around the room as if you were walking through.
Our closet doors.
This is to the left.
To the right. That's my massage table.
Looking straight in.
Hubs side of the bed. I did not clean up his table cause I don't mess with his medical junk. He does dialysis every night. (that's my kitty at the bottom of the pic)
From the closet looking back. Our dressers and only tv in the house(no longer hooked up to cable).
Standing in doorway. I would love a new comforter but hubs doesn't want to spend the money.
My side of the bed. We have no air conditioning in this house so we rely on fans. Puppers guarding mama's bed.
The dusty treadmill and puppers bed.
I love love love this picture frame. I want it to go in the living room or something but not in this house as it is a rental (limiting my holes in the wall) and we are out of wall space. It has crushed me to have it in storage. I finally pulled it out and put it on the dressers.
What puppers does 95% of her day!
I thought a video would better capture just how big the room is.

While I am glad our walls are not all white they are all a creamy yellow. Kinda gets old after a while. I would love more color in this house. Our landlord is talking about maybe putting a window on the wall above our bed to bring in more light. I would LOVE that especially as we lose a lot of light due to the armoire we are floating a few feet in front of the window.

*

Thanks for stopping by...come again!

Updated:

My landlord had a handyman come by this morning to install a solar tube light in my laundry area which was super dark before. It's not dark anymore! I will probably be constantly looking for a light switch...haha!

The results of cutting into a ceiling. Well worth it I assure you!!!

9 comments:

Brandi said...

I like the bedding! We have a king too and one of the reasons I will NOT be sharing pics this week is that I HATE our bedding. More than hate - it makes me gag. Anyhow, very nice room! ;-)

Whitney said...

Thanks for your sweet comment! I love your collage picture!

Heather said...

Your bedroom is so cute!! I love your dressers!! Great job!

Kari said...

Enjoyed your room. I think the puppers was perfect. My dog has his own bed in our room - and he sleeps on our bed at night. He's glued to me. If you guys have a Ross or TJ Max near you - best place to get great prices on bedding. So you can get new stuff and it won't be a huge investment for your husband. I've bought most of my bedding at those places and I have a king and I can get the sheets (soft, wonderful thread count), coverlets, spreads, etc. for amazing prices!

KIMBERLY said...

funny you mention looking for a light switch. when we first moved in our old house, it had 2 tubular skylights and i looked for ever for the switch! haha! they put out a lot of light! but they are very strange to look through during a storm... lightning is wild! thanks for sharing! blessings!

Mary Vigil said...

I love the bedding and your room is just perfect. Blessings.

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

I love the solar light tube... I must have some installed in my house!

Lindsey said...

Thank you for the nice comment! Great room! We just had light put in our dark laundry room too. It makes all the difference!

Emily said...

We're in a rental too, right now, and I know it can be frustrating!

You've done a nice job, and I really like your bedding!