July 5, 2009

Happy fifth of July...

Just wanted to wish everyone a happy fourth and also...HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTOPHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yup, it's a day late, but seriously, this girl was too busy partaying to write a blog post yesterday. And...my mom took all the pics on her camera and she just emailed them to me.
~
Hubs and I slept in really late before heading out around 2:oo for a nice long drive through the country side. We went up highway 94 to Campo (my hometown...haaayyy) then drove up to Mt. Laguna, came back down through Cuyamaca and made a pit stop at my moms house. She worked the night before so she was sleeping. We waited as long as we could for her to get up before I finally went in her room and woke her up. (hehe...I know, scary) Then the 3 of us and my puppers Kassie headed to Ocean Beach (that's where dog beach is) and set up camp for fireworks. I was expecting to see Seaworlds. We found out that OB was doing some off the end of their pier...yay!
~
We ended up seeing fireworks from all these communities from our humble spot on the beach...
~
Ocean Beach(the best and closest)
~
Seaworld(second best and second closest)
~
La Jolla
~
Mission Beach
~
Point Loma
~
Downtown San Diego
~
Coronado
~
Clairemont or Fashion Valley(not sure where they were coming from but it was in that direction)
~
and although it is illegal in California, we also saw tons of the home fireworks.
***
We got to the beach around 8:00 PM. It was not that crowded but lots of people playing volleyball and enjoying bar-b-ques.
Arrived just in time for the sunset. It was gorgeous.
My mom took all the pics. I love how they turned out.








Does anyone else think this looks like a troll man? haha!



1 comment:

Brandi said...

Sounds like it was great fun! The pics are super! :-)