December 19, 2009

Christmas Creativity

I may have seen this cool idea for Christmas card hangers on another blog...and I stole it. I would give credit where it's due but I don't remember where I saw it. I think I was clicking randomly on the Xmas tour of homes list. I found a cute candy cane on my print master program. I was able to make it shorter and squatter(more cartoonish). I printed it out, cut it out and traced it onto a foam sheet. (Wood was too expensive so I went the foam route)



I hand painted every single one of those suckers. (I started with 35 but can make more later if I want)

I hot glued small clothes pins to the back.

Hubs strung some string across our front window for me. And just like that...finished.

Here it is up close. (This was our card from last year. Yes, for the pic I used a couple of blanks to fill the bottom string. Sadly, not too many people send cards anymore. Which is weird as I sent 60 this year. I have been able to hang about 5 more cards since I took these pics.)

Oh...go ahead and admire it. *patting myself on the back*

As if that is not enough...I may have another project up my sleeve. This idea I found on Kelly's blog. I am changing it up a bit from the way she did it though. I have an awesome husband who is easily getting ½ to ¾ of the credit for this project by punching the papers out for me. It's tedious!

I had Bradsen for the afternoon one day this week. We made a bunch of fun video's of him on the trampoline together but I can't get them to load onto the blog. Anyone know why??? I tried in both the new and the old formats.











Hehe...the end!

3 comments:

Brandi said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the card clipies!!! I am SO doing that for next year. I ♥ Christmas cards! I've got mine hanging in the kitchen (I tape them around a picture frame we have hanging in there).

That is too cute about your grandpa and the cheese balls! My MIL got that giant tub of cheese balls at Sam's! :)

Stephanie said...

Hopefully you'll have one more to add BEFORE Christmas. I finally (after carrying them back and forth from home to work to home to work) had a chance to address and mail mine on Saturday. Year-end is a little...OK a lot...stressful at work and I didn't even get one single, disaster-free lunch break to address cards since I picked them up on November 20th. Don't believe me? Look at the date on the back - that is, if you get it BEFORE Chrismtas!

By the way, I absolutely love the card hangers and it's a good possibility that I will steal your stolen design and make some myself; however, not for this year! Maybe I'll find some foam stuff on clearance! I saw some precut form ornaments that I could easily decorate and use. Right now, all of mine are cluttering up my fridge!

I hope you, Chuck and Rose have a wonderful Christmas! Miss ya!

The Thompsons said...

Oh my goodness I loooove it...I saw it on "This Blessed Nest" too...Kelly is GREAT! I'm going to do it for next year..hopefully I will anyways...you know what I liked even more..seeing our card hanging on it! HA..love ya girlie...Hope you all have a BLESSED, Jesus centered Christmas and a GREAT beginning to the new year. It's going to be an awesome one!