January 29, 2010

We shall call her...Pixy

Haha...get it? Pixy! Pics-y...er...never mind!
I love this dang thing. I wanted her. I begged for her. I did the pout, lip stuck out and all. I got her!!! We bought her at a time when we could not afford to. On credit...doh! Don't tell Dave Ramsey. Anywho...she's long been paid off now.
❤
This is a scanner. It scans pictures, negatives and yes, documents too. Most people have a 3 in 1 printer. Knowing I wanted to do my pictures (and now my mom's and hopefully my MIL's soon) we went with a really good model scanner. I have never scanned with a 3 in 1 printer so I do not know of their quality but I'm highly impressed with the quality of my dear Pixy.
This is what the inside and lid look like for doing negatives. You put your negatives in a neg holder and it sits down the middle of the glass plate.
For doing actual pics or documents there is a white clip on thingymajigger. With this you can utilize the whole glass plate.
All the extra necessities that came with Pixy. (Plus the 2 homemade inserts for our really really really old outofdate negatives...has anyone even seen or heard of 110 mm or 26 mm negatives?)(see older post for pics of said older negs)
Hmmm...what do I do with myself while scanning pics(it is time consuming)? Why, I open the little curtain that partitions my desk from the rest of the bedroom and I watch movies or I play the wii. Yup, I can play the wii from my desk. LOL!!!!!
Did you see my product placement in the pic above? *sigh* I love Mr. Darcy!
❤
Closer look at what I'm up to. Yup, I'm on level 3!
Reasons why EVERYONE should have a scanner or 3 in 1 printer:
1. Scanning old family photo's...duh!
2. Scanning documents.
3. The other day hubs had to go out of town for work. Well, he's Rose's science homework helper. I scanned in her homework. Sent it to him in an email. Later, he called her and they did homework over the phone!
4. When we moved back to CA hubs came out 2 months before me so he could start working. When selling the house I would scan documents for him to sign then he could fax them back to our realtor. Hello!!! Awesome!
5. I scan junk all the time from Rose's schooling so I can email it to her parents. (If you're new to Kassie's Beach...our niece is living with us for this school year.)
6. I don't think I need to go on and on...surely you're convinced! Go get ya one!


9 comments:

Brandi said...

My heavens, I love Mr. Darcy too! Is that the PBS version? I have the updated one with Kiera Knightly. I watch the PBS one every time it comes on, though. I absolutely LOVE that movie!

I really had no idea there was a scanner that did negatives. That is awesome!

Becca said...

That is so cool! I have never owned a scanner at all!

I am now following :)

starnes family said...

Hi, Pam!

Happy to have found your blog from the blog hop. I'm anxious to read more about the printer/negative situation.

Nice to meet you!

-Casey from www.thestarnesfam.com

~SHANNON~ said...

OH MY GOD. I TOTALLY HEART SCANNERS!!! Just had to say:)

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

Wow, I love it! How much did that cost? I love that it scans the negatives...we have a bunch of those around here.

~*~*~*~*~ said...

Looks like a fun toy. I just have a regular printer/scanner thing. Yours is way cooler. BTW-here via Friday follow and now following you

My Trendy Tykes said...

I need a new scanner. I would really like to embarrass people with my posting of older pics bwhahaha!

Apryl @ Christian Clippers said...

I'm following you from Follow Friday. Come Follow me too!

Liz Mays said...

I do have a 3 in 1 and I love it for scanning purposes. You've got yourself a beauty there.