April 6, 2010

Spring break fun...day 11

It's a good thing we work well on the fly. Our plans for the day got scrapped again. Every Tuesday in San Diego we have free admission into certain museums. Today was for the science museum. That happens to be right next to the zoo. We got down to Balboa Park and it was a crazy mad house. All the parking lots were packed out(and they are huge parking lots). There were like 20 cars sitting in each aisle waiting for 1 car to leave. We said forget that. When I picked up the kids we got their zoo membership cards from their mom thinking we might quickly run in as we would be right there. Thank goodness we did. But we did not go to the zoo. We drove north to the San Diego Wild Animal Park.

What's that you say? Two zoos in San Diego? Why, yes, we do have two zoos in San Diego!

So, our day went a little differently then planned but we all had a fun time.
The Wild Animal Park is set up differently. They have huge open areas where they put animals from the same continents together. (not the kind that eat each other of course) Then they have a tram that drives you around the outer perimeter of these areas. The line for the tram was extra long today. When we got close to the front they announced a tram had broken down and was causing a back-up on the road. We would have an additional 15-30 minute wait while they called in their tow truck(the park has it's own tow truck). Now, keep in mind we had already been in line for an hour. So, how do you keep a 4 year old occupied? Or a 10 year old and a 14 year old? Well, for the 4 yr old I just gave him my precious iPhone. I was watching him closely too.
The other 2 took care of their own entertainment.
We saw some family members while we were there too.
This is Aunt Mae and cousin Lou Lou!
and...Uncle Mo!
It's been an interesting spring break. Tomorrow was supposed to be the Wild Animal Park and Thursday a rest day. Now tomorrow is our rest day and Thursday might be a beach day. We'll see!

5 comments:

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

I love the Wild Animal park! Balboa's parking sounds like the same situation I was in today at the DMV - madhouse!

You got some wonderful photos and thank goodness for your iPhone.

Brandi said...

Wow! You guys are having some fun! Great pics! Now, how are you on day 11 of spring break??? Goodness, how long is y'alls spring break??!! My poor kids... I'm taking them to the library today. WOOT! HAHA! Yesterday, I let them spray each other with the water hose while they washed my car. ;)

Nicole Kaminsky said...

Great pics. I love the wild animal park! You sure are one awesome Aunt to take these kids all over the place for spring break!

starnes family said...

What an awesome park. I want to go!

Loved that you saw your relatives at the zoo. Awesome.

{Kimber} said...

that looks like an awesome zoo!!!!
and dude HOW MANY Spring Break days do ya'll get?! :)