HAPPY EASTER!
and
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHUCK!
Today(Saturday) is Chuck's birthday. He's gettin' to be an old man. We had a rough start to our day. Lots of yelling and screaming and fighting(with Rose). I may have thrown in the towel. Hubs had to step in and defuse the situation...poor guy...on his birthday no less. Then we cleaned the house to get it ready for Easter. Then we went shopping. Partly for Easter food and partly for hubs gifts. We don't try to surprise each other. We get 2 big gifts a year, Christmas and birthday, so it is our chance to get what we really want...ie: my camera, my iphone, hubs got an itouch one year. You see what I mean. We are okay with the lack of surprise. That is why at Christmas we are really big into doing stockings. They are usually cheapish but a complete surprise.
anyrambling...
Then we went to dinner at Outback Steakhouse. Definitely a splurge. When it's all 3 of us going we usually choose cheaper places to eat. Hubs and I go to places like this all the time when it's just us 2.
againwiththerambling...
Then we came home and colored our Easter eggs. This was a first for us in our marriage. We colored 24 eggs...8 per person. I see tuna salad in my near future...and deviled eggs! Just so you know...hubs is an over-achiever, competitive, show off when it comes to egg decorating.
Today(Saturday) is Chuck's birthday. He's gettin' to be an old man. We had a rough start to our day. Lots of yelling and screaming and fighting(with Rose). I may have thrown in the towel. Hubs had to step in and defuse the situation...poor guy...on his birthday no less. Then we cleaned the house to get it ready for Easter. Then we went shopping. Partly for Easter food and partly for hubs gifts. We don't try to surprise each other. We get 2 big gifts a year, Christmas and birthday, so it is our chance to get what we really want...ie: my camera, my iphone, hubs got an itouch one year. You see what I mean. We are okay with the lack of surprise. That is why at Christmas we are really big into doing stockings. They are usually cheapish but a complete surprise.
anyrambling...
Then we went to dinner at Outback Steakhouse. Definitely a splurge. When it's all 3 of us going we usually choose cheaper places to eat. Hubs and I go to places like this all the time when it's just us 2.
againwiththerambling...
Then we came home and colored our Easter eggs. This was a first for us in our marriage. We colored 24 eggs...8 per person. I see tuna salad in my near future...and deviled eggs! Just so you know...hubs is an over-achiever, competitive, show off when it comes to egg decorating.
JESUS IS RISEN! INDEED!




1 comment:
Sounds like a good day! So what did Chuck choose for his birthday gift?
Post a Comment