June 23, 2010

Goodbye sweet Rose!

 Our time is up. We must send our borrowed kidlet home. We leave very early Saturday morning. My mom and I are driving Rose home. We are making a vacation out of it by taking 5 days to do what should only take 2. We will stop to see the Winchester Mansion in San Jose, ride the Roaring Camp steam engine train also in San Jose, drive up the scenic 1 and 101, drive through the gorgeous Redwood forest in Northern CA, take the scenic route through Oregon. Oregon has some gorgeous places to see...Crater Lake, Multnomah Falls, the Columbia River. Then we will head to Rose's home in Washington. On our way back home we will see the Lava Beds National Monument, Sacramento railroad museum, and lastly, Hearst Castle. I'm tired just typing about it.

I made a tribute video of Rose throughout the year. You can see how much she has changed. Thank you for all the encouraging words you all had for us this year. For the many prayers said on our behalf. For believing in us when we didn't and even more believing in Rose.

8 comments:

starnes family said...

Such a sweetheart! I loved this video montage. Her hair is so cute short. Love her green top in the last picture.

Goodbye, Rose! Yall have fun on your trip. I'd LOVE to visit those places.....especially the Winchester Mansion.

HeatherOz said...

What a fun video!
Have a great trip!

Liz Mays said...

I wish you a happy and safe journey as you take her home!

{Kimber} said...

loved the video!! have a safe trip sounds like a great one :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE the video! I can't get over the growth this past year. It brought tears to my eyes. Of course I want a copy. Kudos to you, Pam, Chuck and Rose for all the hard work. You're on the right path, Rose. We'll still be watching over your shoulder in the coming years. We expect goooood things from you. All my love, Grandma.

Brandi said...

Awww, sweet video. The trip sounds fantastic! Can't wait for the pics!

Y'all did an amazing job with Rose and you gave her the gift of realizing how much potential she has. She's a beautiful intelligent girl, and I hope she goes home and continues to soar! :)

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

I love the video! Have a safe trip! Oregon is beautiful, we were there last summer.

Tina said...

Have fun on the trip. My aunt lived in Oregon for a few years a while back and says it is just a beautiful place.
I can hardly wait to see all the pictures you come back with!! Be safe!