February 18, 2011

Friday Fix-it and 5 Question Friday

This weeks photo was taken by Andrea Riley. It was a beautiful picture to begin with. I had trouble coming up with something unique and different with this edit as there were so many sample edits on iheartfaces. In many ways I feel like I just did the same thing as so many others.

I started with curves, levels, contrast and saturation. Then I ran Coffeeshops Ice Pop. I fidgeted with the 3 layers until I got this result. I ran the reduce noise filter. Lastly, I cropped in a little.

SOOC by Andrea Riley
My Edit




1. Have you worn the same outfit more than one day in a row? I will occasionally wear jeans twice before washing. It depends on how desperate I am for something to wear. I never wear a shirt twice.

2. If you had to choose any LARGE city to live in, which would it be? New York...but only if I get to be rich and live in a posh penthouse!

3. Fly or drive with the kids on vacation? Well, I don't have kids so my answer can't be based on experience. Generally, I prefer a road trip. You see so much more that way. I'm sure everyone with kids is cringing at my answer right now.

4. What is your idea of "spring cleaning"? Spring what??? Okay, no...for real...my answer is...to go to the beach so I can't actually see the dirt and filth that is my home. Anyone else vote for the beach?

5. What is the best book you have ever read? Pride and Prejudice!!! You needed to ask?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I know I'm having a hard time editing such a sweet photo. Like your edit!

Debi Canterbury said...

I love how your edit enhances the natural color of the image. So nicely done1

mae said...

I really like how you were able to bring more light in and balance the skin tone so nicely. Excellent edit!

Chellie Dee said...

This is a beautiful edit!

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

I love the editing. That is something I want to start learning more about.

I am the same way with my jeans and it really helps lighten my laundry load.

HeatherOz said...

Hahaha! I love your idea of Spring Cleaning. That's how I would do it if there was a beach nearby!
We only do road trips with the kids. Trying to take them and all their crap on a plane sounds like a TOTAL nightmare. And can you imagine the baggage fees?