February 5, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday


Water
Quote

Because the Girl 

by Mimi Murray, National Operational Volunteer, GSUSA

 Because the girl
     has a need,
We have an obligation.
Because the girl
     has a choice,
We must be her better choice.
Because the girl
     has high expectations,
We must excel.
Because the girl
     wants to explore,
We must be her guide.
Because the girl
     wants to belong,
We must open our arms.
Because the girl
     is searching for direction,
We must be her compass
Because the girl
     encounters times of turmoil,
We must be her safe haven.
Because the girl
     is tomorrow's woman,
We must care today.
Because of the girl…
We exist.
The eyes are the Window to your soul!
This is a self portrait that I took on Saturday.
The Paper Mama

Activity
Page 25 of a Magazine
All my magazines had ads on page 25. So this is my interpretation of one of them.

17 comments:

Kelly Frances Dunn said...

What a wonderful quote! The quote picture is A-dorable :) I LOVE your window shot, eyes. It turned out amazing!!

Anonymous said...

i was thinking about doing eyes for the window prompt too, but then i chickened out! your photo is awesome! and i love the quote! :) & the activity shot and they're all great :)
-JBenz

Ashley said...

I love that quote!! Your niece is so adorable. Beautiful pics as always! I love the water, what a serene little spot. Xo

Jessie said...

Beautiful focus on your selfie! We love your activity here at our home too :)

Simon said...

Love your selfie...very cool. Great quote-wish someone had been so girl concious when I was younger. It might have helped. Water by the fence-ooh, la, la.

julie said...

VERY cool self portait!! Love your quote...strong message!

Liz Mays said...

Absolutely wonderful!

Marla said...

Your water shot is beautiful. Good job. :)

Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

A'n'G Johnson said...

I love the activity shot! He is too cute with a bit of mischievious mixed in!

Ashley Sisk said...

Great captures - I really like that poem. Thanks for sharing.

Seizing My Day said...

Love the water shot... and your eyes are beautiful!! The poem is wonderful too... I am constantly hoping and praying I am doing enough with my girl!! =)

Mommy2Four said...

Nice Poem! I really liked your shots!

Gretchen said...

Great interpretations! Love your water shot!

jillconyers said...

Beautiful water shot and I love your take on a self portrait.

Jess Craig said...

killer eyebrows!

HeatherOz said...

Your self portrait is awesome! I also REALLY loved the quote!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous eyes!