June 4, 2011

Project 365 ~ Week 22 and a Memorial day tribute...

2011 Mommytography 365 Project

NapTime MomTog Project 365


Inspire Me PhotographyFind Your HappinessThe Daily Wyatt

1. It rained overnight and droplets of water collected on all the cobwebs that are in our yard.
2. On Memorial Day we drove to Point Loma to the Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery. If you don't live near a military city then this is a sight to see. On this one day they put flags out on every headstone. It's breathtaking. I wrote more about this lady below on the full size picture.
3. My niece Allyson turned 17 on Sunday. Almost all grown up!
4. My friend's other friend's daughter. A total cutie.
5. After Memorial Day I got myself nice and sick. In fact, I'm still fighting this cough. I think it may have been bronchitis. I'm not usually prone to getting that. Anyhoodles, I've been living on this yucky stuff.
6. Candy...Yum! Too bad it's not mine.
7. More of our neighbors amazing flowers. These were gorgeous. The picture could have been better if I waited for the sun to move off of it but as I took the picture today(Friday) I was too impatient to wait. I like to get a jump on my editing and such for this collage. No waiting for dusk for me!

The pictures below are some of what I took at the National Cemetery on Memorial Day. Enjoy!

In this picture I was quite a ways away from this lady(Thank goodness for telezoom). I just knew I was going to capture a special moment. There was an even better moment where she kissed the headstone but I didn't manage to capture it. This would most likely be her grandfather or someone from his generation. First, I can see on the headstone he was part of WW2. Second, this cemetery has been full for many years. The only way to be buried here now is to be cremated and put into their memorial walls. I am saddened to see her sorrow but elated that I saw many families here honoring their family members.










9 comments:

deb duty said...

Your collage is beautiful again this week. The cemetery photos are just breathtaking. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Angee @ October Morning said...

Great photos. The cemetery photos are heartbraking. Hope you feel better.

Tracy said...

Lovely!

I love the spider-web drops.

starnes family said...

I love your collages.

Did you approach the woman in the picture? It's such an amazing moment captured. She might like to have it.

Branson said...

Your photos are gorgeous! I love the rain shot, and that cake is sure cute!

Tracey Washington said...

Lovely photos of the cemetery and a good reminder of the sacrifice our military families make. I caught a bit of a cold this week and have a cough I am trying to shake... must be a bug going around. Thanks for linking up with us :)

Anonymous said...

I love your photos this week. Those first two are amazing. I love the memorial day photos. That last one is awesome. Thanks for sharing and linking up.

Kristal said...

Those are wonderful pictures! I love the one of the woman you captured.

heritagemom said...

What a cutie that little girl is! I love her eyes. The cemetery shots are beautiful and solemn.

Have a great weekend,
Christine