June 26, 2011

Selfie Saturday - GIF Animation


So, I'm pretty sure I am supposed to use photos that I took...of myself. Well, I got one out of the two right. I took the photos but they are of my nephew. I wanted to give this gif idea a try. I had a perfect series of photos to use. I took these on Saturday evening for the scavenger hunt. Bradsen LOVED every minute of this process. A lot of my comments from the scavenger hunt mention the mess and the horrible clean up. It really wasn't so bad. I put him on a tarp, naked, with a towel around his waist. When I was done shooting him I let him play in the paint and rub it around then hubs carried him in to our shower. Really and truly not too bad. Everyone should do this with their kids at least once this summer. My friend told me if you put a few drops of soap in the paint it washes off easier. I did not do this step but washed him before the paint had time to dry.

Sunday I made one of the biggest and rookiest mistakes a photographer can make. We took my nephew(above) and his two older sisters out to the country to ride a train. I packed my camera but proceeded to leave my memory card at home in the computer. All my extra cards are in a camera bag I no longer use. Guess what I'm going to do here in a minute? Yes, I'm going to fish out those danged cards and put them in my epiphanie camera bag. Usually I load my pics onto the computer directly from the camera but lately my computer doesn't want to recognize the camera when I plug it in. Therefore, I have been taking the card out and putting that directly in the computer. Anyhoodles...such a rookie!

5 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

How funny - that's perfect!

Anonymous said...

So much fun! Almost makes me want to do the same! For pictures sake!

Anonymous said...

Aww! So fun!!

HeatherOz said...

Ok, it scares me but what kind of paint did you use? I am sure my kids would LOVE to try it. I might enjoy it if I told them they had to let me spray the paint off with the hose!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh - I totally don't care that these photos aren't of you - they're ADORABLE!! perfect subject for a gif animation!!

Great work!