Pop of Color
Crossing Threshold
Uhhh...yeah...I have nothing. Therefore, you get a swimming picture. And a totally rad swimming picture at that!
Xray
This poor boys job was selling those hideous pig noses at the fair.
Toy
This picture has already been featured on my blog but was well worth a second look.
Farm
This is more a ranch than a farm. These 3 pictures are from the archives and they were all scanned negatives. I grew up on a chicken ranch. We had 240 acres(that's huge by CA standards) with 80,000 chickens(very small compared to mega-ranches with a million chickens). I loved being a country girl! I love to eat chicken but I HATE eggs.
Baby chicks only a few days or a week old.
This is how chickens live on farms that are solely for producing eggs. Think about where the eggs in your next omelet are coming from. If this is too much for you then you can actually buy eggs from free-range chicken farms. It's a little more expensive but might ease your mind.Just to answer a few possible questions...
Yes, there were that many cobwebs in each barn.
No, the place wasn't crawling with spiders. It took a while to build up to that.
Yes, there were a million, gazillion, eleventy thousand flies.
Yes, it sometimes stunk like poo poo and other chickeny smells.
No, we didn't kill and eat our chickens. The feed to produce good eggs makes the chickens meat too tough.
Yes, we ate waaaaayyyyyy too many eggs. That's why I HATE eggs.
No, I wasn't a working farm girl. It was run by my dad, a few uncles and some ranch hands.
Yes, we got to hold those cute little baby chicks.
No, they didn't stay cute for very long.
Yes, baby chicks smell just as bad as adult chickens.
No, we didn't have any roosters who went cock a doodle doo. Roosters don't lay eggs so they were considered worthless.
Anyhoodle...any other questions?...just ask.



19 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful experience to grow up on a farm. Those baby chicks are so cute! Your swimming photo is amazing. How in the world did they stack up so many people?!! Beautiful pop of color too!
So glad my free omelet in my SHS was from their free range liquid egg product!
Great photos! That is one terrific pool shot!
I love all your farm shots - also love your crossing thresholds shot. I hope you're having a great weekend!
WOW! Awesome pics! Love the pool shot!
Have a blessed Sunday!
The pop of color is gorgeous!
Oh wow...loved the farm pictures and the dog's toy.
These were all great!!
Hope you have a blessed Sunday!
Ok, that pool pic is AWESOME! Love that first shot too. I like how you answered the farm questions in advance ;) and don't blame you for hating eggs, lol.
Great pictures! Love the pool shot, looks like they’re having a blast!
Love the baby chicks shot, it’s funny how many old dusty cobwebs can collect in barns. It makes for easy pickings for the spiders with all of the flies!
LOVE the pool pic. So awesome!
Bebe chicks.......so sweet. :(
LOVE THEM! That pool picture is FAB, and all those baby chicks are precious.
Great set of photos! The pool shot looks like fun! :)
Loved your photos. I even went through a lot of past posts and was really inspired! I noticed the flower pic from the fair right off. I went to the fair yesterday and took a photo of the same flower!! I live in San Diego also! I haven't had time to post my Scavenger Hunt's in a long time. I also followed you. Nice to see SD in a lot of your pics also!! Thanks for the inspiration!
Very good work. I love toy, priceless face awwww!!!
All such awesome shots!! That threshold shot is absolutely priceless...amazing!! :)
That is the BEST swim picture I have ever seen... just way too perfect!
WOW... love the pool shot... crazy!! ;) crazy fun that is... my kids would NEVER... they are chickens... lol!! =) I try to buy free range... when the budget allows!! poor chickens! ah... fun x ray shot too!! =)
I'll bet the smell about bowled you over! I hate eggs too!
I love the way that pig nose pic came out!
Wonderful photos. Love the xray. ha ha! The toy photo is great.
How do you get baby chicks with no roosters?
The swim pic is so awesome! i wonder if I could get my kids to do that. Hee hee!
Post a Comment