This week's photo is from Kristi at Live and Love Out Loud. This is a photo she took of her beautiful daughter.
SOOC by Kristi
SOOC by Kristi
Edited by me
What I did:I opened it in ACR,
Corrected the white balance and slightly tweaked the lighting,
Opened it in CS5,
Masked on some curves onto her hair to bring them out,
Used the Healing brush on her forehead, chin and under her nose,
Ran Coffeeshop's action Baby Powder Room,
Used the smooth skin at low opacity,
Also used the skin glow at a very low opacity,
Flatten,
I used the quick selection tool to grab the brick walls,
Then I changed the coloring of the wall to a cooler tone vs a warmer tone(I felt like the wall was competing against her skin tone),
Lastly, I ran Pioneer Woman's action Lovely and Ethereal at a very low opacity.
Flatten,
Done!


12 comments:
I'm so excited to be this week's guest judge! I think you did a fantastic job. And can I just add that my daughter is gorgeous? lol Really, beautiful edit. :)
Beautiful job - it's almost like you added makeup. Beautiful.
Beautiful! I love how the detail in the curls just pop!
love this.
i think this is one of my favorite edits so far!
I love the sparkle in her eyes that is added in the edit!
I love your edit. Gorgeous!
Great job! Love what you did with her hair!
Great job. I love how you really brought out her beautiful curls in her hair and made her pop out of the photo.
Kathy
This came out beautiful Kassie- I love how you warmed it up just perfectly!
I didn't notice the bricks at first but you are so right that that color was distracting. Your bricks are MUCH better. The healing brush is awesome too. I need one of those! LOL
You did a gorgeous job with the skin smoothing and the clors are just right! Her hair also looks amazing in your edit!!
Post a Comment