Today was my Grandmother's 90th birthday. She has Alzheimer's and doesn't remember her last meal let alone that it's her birthday. Still, we picked her up from the home she lives in and took her to my aunt and uncles house for a family get-together. Whenever someone told her happy birthday she would reply "It's not my birthday. My birthday is January 10th". She does this every year on her birthday. What do you get a 90 year old who no longer uses stuff? You can't get her anything really because she doesn't remember it's hers so she never uses it. Chuck and I got her a huge Hello Kitty stuffed doll. She can put it on her bed. My mom and aunt always give her clothes. Clothes are almost the only thing you can give her anymore. My 90 year old grandmother is my last living grandparent!
My cousin's twins are getting so big. They are a year and a half now.
Totally out of focus but I couldn't share a pic of her twin and not one of her.
This past weeks moon shots.
Taken on Jan 5, 2012
Taken on Jan 8, 2012
Taken on Jan 10, 2012
Taken on Jan 10, 2012
4 comments:
Happy Birthday to my fellow Capricorn. My birthday is tomorrow! ;)
The photo you shared of your grandma is very nice. Well the others are also. It is just the one of your grandmother really shows her character.
Awww, bless her heart. Your grandma looks like a sweetheart. I still have 3 living grandparents and they are all doing remarkably well. My grandmother's sister just passed and she was in a home and had dementia. Such a hard situation for family members to watch.
Your moon shots amaze me. I actually got my very first decent moon shot the other night with YOUR help! I didn't post it because there's a girl on my FB who is a 'photographer' who just got a T3i for Christmas. Before that, she was seriously taking 'professional' pics with a p&s.
Anyhow, she posted a pic of the moon. I'm sorry, but it wasn't even in focus. I didn't want to then post MY pic and have her think I was trying to outdo her. LOL. FOR REAL, I almost shared your pic, though, just to show her what a real photographer can do... but I decided that was probably snarky.
So sweet. I had a great-great Aunt that was having a hard time remembering how old she was, so she wrote the year she was born on her garter! (Yes she still wore garters and stockings.) I can only imagine the looks of surprise when she hiked up her skirt to expose her leg and garter to do the math. (She lived to be over 100.)
Now that is a great time!!! Love that you captured the moon too- came out great. Ours looked quite similar to your last shot that night- I have not even pulled them up to see them yet.
Post a Comment