May 19, 2012

Pretty Flowers

We spent a morning a few weeks ago at the Carlsbad Flower Fields. Last year when we went it was bright, sunny, hot. This year I wanted to try to shoot the fields under cloud cover. We had a couple of dreary days so I decided to head up there. By the time we got there the danged clouds had cleared and there was no marine layer. I still gave it my best shot. It was a gorgeous day with a yummy breeze. You can see the Pacific Ocean from these fields. Overall, despite the sun I got better shots this year. These are my favorites.



























3 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh goodness - how could you be anything but happy when surrounded by those explosions of color? Just amazing!

Liz Mays said...

Whoa! Now that is just spectacular. I am not sure I'd ever want to leave!

Tina said...

WOW! This may be the most beautiful place on earth. And, you should be working for a magazine or something!! You are a fabulous photographer.