I had no idea what a Joshua Tree looked like. We don't have any in the desert closer to San Diego. Our famous plant is an Ocatillo.
Hubs was loving the rocky environment. He loves to rock climb. Wifey stay on even ground thankyouverymuch!
Despite being a weekend the park was fairly quiet. Which is good for me because this might be one of my favorite shots of the day.
This pic was shot by the hubs. So proud!
Well, this tree was just perfect.
So we are standing at the top edge of the park looking down at the Colorado desert. You can barely see the Salton Sea which we visited a few weeks ago with our niece and nephew.
I just loved the purple color of this cactus.
We hiked back to a dam late in the afternoon. It was a bit disappointing to see as it was almost dried up. I got this shot walking back down.
I was so excited to be there at sunset. It was so gorgeous!
Stay tuned for some pics of the Carlsbad Flower Fields. This years pics outshine last years by a mile.












4 comments:
WOW! WOW! WOW! These are amazing! And so is your husband's shot! Nice job!
Really, really fantastic!!! I love your fave shot... it's amazing. NatGeo needs to hire you, chica! haha. Love these!
Never been to the flower fields. I know. I should be banned from the state of California.
Amazing pictures - so glad you got to spend a wonderful day together!
Post a Comment