It has been a month since I have graced this blog. I just wanted to pull away from social media for a while. I've even had things to post but just wasn't in a sharing mood. Today I am going to share my pictures from a weekend trip we took to San Fransisco a few weeks ago. If you follow me on facebook then you've seen these pics already. (If you want a better day to day interaction from me feel free to find me on facebook and friend me. Search for Pam Bowers.)
*
Day 1
We started up there on Friday morning. We took the very boring but much quicker route of Interstate 5. It took us 8 1/2 hours total including all our stops along the way. We were in our room by 4:30 PM. We decided to head out for some night shots of the city and the Golden Gate Bridge. It was a gorgeous evening.
Day 2
On Saturday morning we drove to Fisherman's Wharf and parked our car in a garage for the day. We walked all around the Wharf and Pier 39. Then we bought tickets onto a hop on hop off bus tour of the city. Our main goal was to hop off at Chinatown. The bus dropped us at an intersection near both Chinatown and Little Italy. Hubs ate lunch in Little Italy. We spent the rest of our time in Chinatown.
We finished the tour of the city back on the bus. This man picked up his dog and was just standing there holding him. So funny.
We got our car back out of the garage and drove over to the Golden Gate Bridge to see it in the daytime. I took the opportunity to take a selfie.
The bridge from the North side.
There's a road up the mountain from the north side that let's you look back at the bridge and the city.
That mountain road leads to the lighthouses and the ocean. By this time it was sunset.
Just for fun we HAD to drive over the Bay Bridge. On the way back over we stopped at Treasure Island for more night shots.
Day 3
Sunday we had the memorial for Chuck's uncle. That wasn't until 2:00 in the afternoon so we spent the morning at the Japanese Tea Garden. This day started out very foggy but as we weren't going anywhere for views it was okay.
Because of the fog everything was covered in dew.
In the early afternoon we headed over to Chuck's aunts house. There we got to see his cousins and our niece and her hubs also flew in from Texas. There was a lot of story swapping about Uncle Sampson. He lived a full and adventurous life. I even handed off my camera so I could be in the shot.
We took our niece Becky and her hubs Don with us when we left. It was a little early for dinner so we went back to the Golden Gate Bridge as they hadn't had a chance to see it yet. Afterward, we went to a yummy Italian restaurant in Little Italy(and got super super lucky on a parking spot). One of Chuck's cousins recommended the place and it was delish. (Well, for some of us it just smelled delish. HA)
Day 4
It was time to head home. I wanted to take the longer drive down Highway 1. It added almost 5 hours to our trip. If you counted then yes, that was a 13-14 hour day just for some scenery. Of course, scenery means nothing unless you stop to see it. You have to take this route at least one way if you're ever heading North. We always do. It started out foggy but kinda cleared up by mid morning. You can see in the pics that the fog sucked out to sea a bit but never quite went away. Surprisingly, I actually like the fog in the pictures. We stopped in Big Sur for lunch.
We had to stop at the Bixby Bridge for a shot. This was a silly selfie I shot while setting up my camera for my daily shot. As you see, I'm not sharing my official daily shot because they are personal and just for me. You get the goofball me.
I had to have hubs jump into the shot too.
Near San Simeon, where Hearst Castle is, there is a section of beach that has been taken over by the Elephant Seals. They stink!
Not too long after we passed Moro Bay hubs lost patience with the length of this route and I took over driving. That means I got stuck driving through Los Angeles. Thank heavens for the diamond lane! We arrived home around 10:00 PM.
*
I am also sharing 1 pic Chuck took. He also edited it. It's one of his night shots of the Golden Gate Bridge taken from the North side.
































3 comments:
I just loved all your photos. San Francisco is one of my favorite city. You captured it perfectly. I just loved the photo of you with the silly face. It had me smiling.
Linda~
These are FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! Pam!!!!! WOW- you sure captured all the things I love about the bay area so PERFECTLY!!! Love seeing you get in a few shots too. I think I just got my beach fix for a while. :)
Those night shots are insane. WOW - I really love them. So many good memories of SF - I really miss it! I am glad you had a good trip and a beautiful drive!
Post a Comment