We decided to spend our Sunday with a trip out to Borrego Springs. It takes forever to get there and on the windiest roads. {carsick} But once you are there it was worth the trip. Sadly, it was too early for the wild flowers.
We ended up driving 5 miles up a dirt road into Coyote Canyon. So glad we didn't get stuck in the soft sand. {I need a 4x4} I've backpacked in Coyote Canyon as a teenager. The farther back you can get the better. We stopped at one point to get out and take some pictures. There were tons of Ocotilla(the tree behind me). Unfortunately, there was also a TON of flies and gnats. This is my frustration with them. {I may or may not have used the liquify tool on my fat stomach...it's my blog! lol}
Farther up the road we found a good place to turn around. {read: wifey said no to driving through that water} But it was a great place to get out and take more pictures.
I love holding the camera close to the ground and seeing what I get.
It is really hard to take a selfie with a huge and heavy dslr camera. So hubs held the camera and I used my wireless remote. So this picture has two photographers. lol
Then I got a little less lazy and ran to the car for my tripod. Much better pics.
I saw this dried mud on the way in so kept my eyes peeled on the way out so we could stop. By this time the sun had dropped behind the mountains and it was freezing cold. Chuck thought I was crazy.
Hmmm...coyote tracks?
To cap off the day the moon popped up over the ridge. Perfect timing.
Next up...a trip up to Joshua Tree...very very very very soon!












2 comments:
Your photography is always impressive. Beyond just taking good pictures, I love your unique perspective.
Where are you living now? Did I miss a move?
Awesome adventure Pam!!! It's been a while since I have looked back at my desert images- it was cool to see some here.
Post a Comment