February 28, 2013

Zander Visits San Diego

Zander finally made his way to San Diego. He waited a long time to come here so I have to make his visit worthwhile. My first thought was San Diego is a huge county. We have beaches, mountains AND desert. Zander needed to see all 3. So his first full day with me we hit the road. We drove up to Mount Laguna to play in the snow.
I'm not sure if Zander likes snow. Hard to tell with that smile on his face.
Next we continued through the mountains to Julian. Famous for their apple pies. Zander really liked his pie. 
Of course, he forgot to pay for his pie and ended up in the Julian jail.
After I sprung him outta jail we headed down into the desert. The weather was beautiful but windy.


It was a long day with lots to see but we had fun!
 On day 2 I took him to Balboa Park. Here he's enjoying my Cheeky Lime bag.


We had another gorgeous day. And not as windy in the city.

Next we drove through downtown and over to Harbour Island. It has a great view of the city. We didn't stop for pictures but Zander also got to see Point Loma and the Rosecrans National Cemetery.
Last, we made a stop at the beach. This is not Zander's first time at the Pacific Ocean but he enjoyed sunbathing all the same.

Today Zander got a day of rest. He's tired! Tomorrow we are going to the opening day at the Carlsbad Flower Fields. Sadly, Zander has to leave me on Saturday. Unless I'm told I can keep him till Monday...then he'll have a chance to see Joshua Tree National Park as we are going this weekend.
In my next post I will reveal Zander's next destination. Exciting!!!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Yeah!!! He made it! Looks like he's having a great time!

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness - this was priceless! WAAAY more fun and creative than my Flat Stanley stint!

Love all the photos!