May 22, 2009

Welcome to my dining room bar

It is time to show off another room. This week is dining room's. To join in the fun or to see the rest of the participants rooms go see Kelly.
*
There really is not much to see. I went back and forth on whether I should join in this week even. After all, there is no actual dining room in my cute little rental house. We have a bar. This is a picture I posted in my kitchen tour. However, I am in the middle or redoing the bar stools. I got them at Ikea and had a choice in the white covers or a dark blue denim looking cover. The blue was not good...in fact ewwww! But the white get so dirty so I am sewing myself new ones. With the excitement of last weekends wedding I just have not gotten around to it till...well...now!
The machine is out and ready.
I ripped the seams of one of the white covers so I could use it as a pattern. The new pieces are now cut.
This is the new material that will be going on the stools. I wish I could wow you with the finished product but this is truly where I am at right now (as in, I just took these pics a minute ago).
GUESS WHAT I GOT??!!!!!!
Yay! I now owe my hubs in blood, sweat and tears. The deal is I have to make the occasional loaf of bread from scratch, his work lunches and read a couple Dr. Laura books. Is it worth it?
YES!!!!!!!!!!But I made him get me this little gem to go with it.

These are my flowers I carried in my friends wedding last weekend. They are gorgeous but the tulips are still growing. I noticed after a few days the bouquet was changing. I thought the tulips were slipping out of the ribbon holding them together. A few more days went by and it kept getting worse. So I pulled one out to see and nope, not slipping, but growing.

This is what it looked like for the wedding.

10 comments:

Pamela said...

Okay love your pink mixer and love any gal who is not afraid of a sewing machine! I wish I was talented enough to figure out slip covers! They look like they will be awesome!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

The pink mixer sure is pretty and so are the flowers!

kate said...

Hi Pam...Kate here from Oklahoma! The Weymouth isn't all that creative as Weymouth Way is my street name. My family has a history of naming houses...my grandparents' home was referred to as 95th since they lived off 95th street. My Mom's is 620 since that's her address numbers...my last house I named "the cottage" cause it reminded me of a cottage feel.

I love your chair fabric! Have a great weekend and thanks for visiting!

KIMBERLY said...

i absolutely LOVE the new fabric! too too cute! thanks for commenting on my blog as well! have a blesses sunday!

Andrea - Momfessionals said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog, and no... i can't read Ed's comment - and I can't delete it either. I keep getting an error message.

Sweet Tea said...

I love a bar (that sounds funny, huh?), because they are so multi-functional. Love the fabric you are making your slipcovers out of. Hope you take some photos when you're finished sewing them so we can see how they turned out...BEAUTIFUL flowers!!

I signed on as a Follower, so I'll be back. Thanks for stopping by my Blog!

Lauren said...

I WANT that mixer! I have just crack down sometime and get it!

Taz + Belly said...

Thanks for the comments on my dining room blog. Sorry, I'm in the deep south and not moving anytime soon :). I like to complain about storage from time to time, but I love my cottage.

I love the fabric you've picked out for your barstools! And making them yourself makes you my kind of girl. I can't wait to come back and see the finished product!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I loved reading your blog tonight. Loved looking at your dining room...and love your blog colors.

Be sure and stop by my blog and sign up for the "10 Giveaways" that I will draw for on Wednesday.
Also, please pray for sweet Maggie as she returns to St Jude's this week. Would love for you to grab her button for your blog...

Unknown said...

I love the fabric that you are using to recover you bar stools! Great idea. And I am sooo jealous of your pink mixer!!