May 1, 2009

Welcome to my kitchen


This is a new blog carnival called Show us where you live. It is hosted by Kelly from Kelly's Korner. This week is featuring our kitchens. Here's mine.
*
This is looking straight in to the kitchen from the living room.
This is where most of the prep work gets done for all my cooking. (I can't wait for that pineapple to get ripe...maybe tomorrow)
This is the other side of the sink. This area is notorious for being a dump-all. It is so hard to keep it clean. I am just as bad as hubs too (I had to move my purse for the pic).
One side is the dump-all area and the other side is my dining room table.
Yup, that's right. My dining room table is the kitchen bar. We are really bad about eating in our Lazy Boy chairs in front of the tv too. (or the computer)
This is Kassie's dining room. She rules this roost.This is a light bar above my bar/dining room table. It is bright...like mini spot lights bright. I imagine it is really expensive to run so I hate turning it on unless I really need the light. (hubs thinks we can get led's for it which would bring down the electricty cost on this light.
That's my kitchen! We are in a rental house so I am limited on what I can do. Things I don't have and really miss in this kitchen are: a dishwasher, a garbage disposal and a pantry. I use a lot of my cupboard space for food which makes my kitchen feel crowded. Overall, I like my kitchen.

26 comments:

Anna said...

Thanks for the tour!

Lynette said...

You have a nice kitchen! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Monica said...

Nice kitchen! thanks for sharing!

Jessica said...

I adore your bar stools! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Jennie said...

I was going to say what Jessica said, I love those bar stools. Maybe when we have a bigger "hole" we can get a fridge with a big freezer on the bottom!!!!

April Greener said...

I like the hanging "spotlights". Very nice. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Topanga Bay said...

I'm a follower but I loved your bar stools! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I loved boy meets world and actually in high school I was compared as a look alike to her character...it was dead on. Hope you stop back again. I love your dog by the way. I have cats now but I am dreaming of a dog every day! :)
Topanga

 The Morris Family said...

I think I would give you the prize for being so creative with the thought on the "blue " counter tops in my kitchen...there is a story behind those and it happened before we moved in here 14 years ago. Maybe someday they'll be gone!! I guess I could be creative and think of all that they can remind me of....
Thanks for comin' over!! Got a great kitchen there yourself!! I need those dog bowls though!!!
Cindy

Jennifer said...

Lovely kitchen. Thanks for checking mine out!

Kelly said...

Really pretty kitchen - thank you for sharing!

Ashley said...

What a great kitchen! Thank you for opening up your home.
-Ash-

Marva said...

Cute kitchen! Thanks for sharing! Also, thanks for stopping by. Blessings!

Tristan said...

i'M LOVIN THAT LIGHT BAR!

Emily said...

Your cabinets are beautiful! And I'm so jealous of you living in San Diego... I love it there.

Myra @ My Blessed Life said...

Your kitchen is so pretty and cozy. It looks like it gets quite a bit of natural light. I love rooms like that! I understand living in a rental house...we've lived in two. Thanks for stopping by my kitchen yesterday!

Ellen said...

I like the lamp on the counter. It gives the kitchen a cozy feeling.

Christa said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your bar stools! Very cute!

Michelle said...

Pretty kitchen! I like the color of your cabinets and that really cool light fixture! Thanks for sharing :)

Leslie @ Lamberts Lately said...

Aww thank you for your sweet comments! Hardy is our baby...we love him!

Cheri said...

You have a lovely kitchen - too bad about the dishwasher. And I love the flooring - is that the linoleum that looks like slate? Or is it slate? I've always loved that look.

Thanks for stopping by my blog/kitchen!

Take care,

Cheri

HappyascanB said...

I love your light, airy kitchen! And i really love how you can see into the living room!!! I like those bar lights, but I'd also think they'd be expensive and HOT!!

Joanne said...

Your kitchen is so warm and cozy...and the pineapple....eat it now while looking up photos of Hawaiian beaches! Thanks for the tour...and thanks for stoppin' by my place....blessings to you!

Unknown said...

I really like your kitchen your cabinets & countertops are beautiful!!!

Kristen said...

We have a dump all space too - it's terrible! You have such a nice kitchen!

Michele said...

Love your kitchen. The tile is beautiful! Love the lighting too. =)

Jocelyn said...

I love your cabinets and floor. I'm getting new grantie counters and a travertine/glass backsplash in my kitchen next week and can't wait!!