
This week we are exploring kiddie rooms and/or nurseries. While hubs and I have yet to have children we are taking in my 13 year old niece for the next year, maybe longer. So, I am excited to play along this week. Want to see more??? Go see
Kelly!
*
Things to keep in mind: we live in a 1 bedroom rental house. While we thought about moving we decided to stay put for now and keep our lease contract. Don't feel too bad for the child...we live on an acre of land and we have 2 goats(like that changes anything for a teen...haha)! And secondly, the chitlin does not arrive in our capable hands until the end of July so her room loft is going to be a work in progress for her to work on as she wants.
*
Check out the transformation of our living room...
*
This is what it looked like when we were just a boy and a girl who had no kiddo's.

This is after we found out we were getting a wee one but before we bought her bed.

Okay, so the bed is in place but nothing is set up. Yes, we watched tv like that and *ahem* excuse the mess.

The bed is made...tv is still present.

The tv is finally gone and her
entertainment center desk is finally set up.

Some details...her cute Ikea chair. The pillow that Grandma said was over-kill. I said "say what? No such thing as over-kill for my teenager"

No, she will not get internet access on that old dilapidated laptop. It's for games and homework only. (Plus we are canceling our high speed internet and hubs has to be home with his Sprint card for us to go online)

I thought this was a cute touch. I could not find any white Christmas lights in the
gazillion 2 stores I went to so hubs suggested we steal them from our Christmas box. Now why didn't I think of that?

Hubs also thought of the bedside light that clamps to the railing. This is why men get dragged along shopping from time to time. They think of the details we miss.

I'm also going to put up curtains to give her privacy. They will be 2 sided so she has a pretty curtain on the inside but I won't have to look at all that pink on our side. So, this is her side(clearly I have not made them yet and just stuck them up to show you. They will actually cover the whole bottom of the loft area.)

Close-up of her curtains.

This is more of what it will look like...sorta...you know....but nicer!

So the burning question is: where is the tv? Hahaha yup, it's heavy and this is as far as I got it. It will go in our bedroom while the smaller bedroom one will go to storage. We are giving up our cable...TOMORROW! (hence, my doing this post midday Thursday...it's now or wait till tomorrow night when hubs comes home with the sprint internet card)

Everything here except the cable DVR box will also go into the bedroom. I gotta at least have access to my movie collection...and the wii. Oh, and I kinda want my chair back!
I have a couple more kiddie rooms to show you.
*
This is Kassie showing off her room bed in our bedroom.

This is Kassie's bed in our living room although Aria begs to differ.

This is most often Aria's bed. Yes, that is hubs' pillow. Aria loves our bed!!! We had a little bed for her but she has never used it...EVER! So we got rid of it.

And that, my friends, is all the kiddie bedrooms we have in this small humble 1 bedroom abode!
12 comments:
Talk about making the most out of the space you got :). 2 acres sounds wonderful. TFS
What a smart setup. Love the bed - especially the lights and the privacy down below!
Yaaa. Great idea. Good job!
That's just the coolest bed I've ever seen. What a lucky little girl. Great ideas.
That's a really good setup for a teen! You will be able to keep an eye on her but she'll have privacy too!
LOVE the bar stool covers BTW!
Macey
Thanks for the comment! Very innovative use of space. I love that you have created a space for her. Perfect.
Excellent use of space! I love it when people get creative! I hope she loves it.
Mrs. Nurse Boy
What a fantastic use of space! Perfect for a teenage girl!
Thanks for stopping by Pam. I so intend to fix those curtains to look like I meant for them to be that way! Love the loft - great idea! That's really sweet of y'all to make such an effort for her to have her own space. I bet she'll love it. :-)
Thanks for the sweet comment on Lauren's closet. She does need many changed to get through all of her clothes :) But they actually go up to size 24 months in her closet! LOVE what you've done for your niece. Thats so thankful of you to make her space so sweet and comfortable!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! What a great use of space! Very sweet of you to make such a special place and I agree...there's no such thing as overkill in a girls room!
Thanks for visiting my blog! I LOVE the loft bed!!! It's SO amazing! Did you get it from IKEA? Cute, cute!
Post a Comment