October 18, 2009

You so don't want to be me right now!

Oy!!! Teenagers are rough. We have had a NOT.SO.FUN weekend. Here is what broke the camels back...Miss Thang dumped some VERY expensive shower gel down the drain just so she could get her hands on a new bottle I had just purchased for her(it was on sell). She has no concept of money especially when it is someone else's. This is all coming off weeks and weeks of moodiness, pouty, bratty, talking back, refusing to do school work, whining, lots and LOTS of attitude, lying...you name it she's tried it! Uncle hubs typed up a very long(2 pages) letter to her on Friday while she was in school. She came home and read it but we still sent her to an over night birthday party so we could strategize. Our close friends even came out that evening to help us as they also have an ADHD teenager. They were able to give us pointers on what works and what does not. They did not leave till after midnight(that's good friendship). Saturday I called my sis to warn her of what was gonna go down shortly. Hubs called my bro-in-law to do the same. They were both on board with us. I picked Rose up and within a few hours we were done laying down the law. She did not give us the big meltdown we were expecting but instead was a perfect angel the rest of the day. She even cleaned her room(finally, see pic below). Today though...yowsa!!! She put us to the test for the first time. We are now on a no tolerance with her. If she does not clean herself up she starts losing things. Tonight she lost her mp3 player, her laptop for movies and games, and the little make-up we allow her(lip glosses and such) before she stopped and turned her attitude around. We have told her we will keep going till she has lost everything including her bed. And then we will keep it going by tacking on chores(like picking up goat poo outside). We have to stay tough to win this race. We love her to death!!! I do not like being walked on by a 14 year old. I'm sure we will have plenty more episodes to come but this one for now is resolved. Yippee!!!
I finally got hubs to let me buy a new comforter for the bed. I have long since hated my old one. We stayed in the browns because I am hoping to someday have our own place we can paint and I want light blue walls again like we had in Knoxville. My other option was to go with a black and white theme as most of our furniture is now black. It is so pretty with red accents. The brown with future blue walls won! (p.s. the bed is a king even though it does not look like it in the picture. I was trying to be careful to not show the sides as our night tables are out-of-control messy right now.)
A reminder of the hateful old comforter. Around those flower things were beads that kept falling off and getting all over my floor. (see the pretty blue walls...I want that again)
It was kinda chilly here for a while...not no more. The heat is back! Look what it has done to our pumpkins. Grampy! His teeth have curled in. Ha!!!
This ones whole face curled in.
Poor little Rose's pumpkin.


4 comments:

The Thompsons said...

Love the grampy pumpkin! Hang in there with Rose...progress will come!

Brandi said...

Oh boy, teenage girls. I have nothing for ya... wish I could help. I was terrible to my parents from about age 14 to 16 or 17. It'll probably get worse before it gets better, but it sounds like you have a good plan of attack! Hang in there. BTW, love the new bedding!

Stephanie said...

Hey, Pam! Haven't heard from you in a while. Just making sure everything is OK!!!

Anonymous said...

All's possilble with Gods help. Dont fret, it's on the job training. Kep God at the front and you'll be just fine.

Chet