Well, Halloween was fun this year. I have not gone trick or treating in a very long time. I usually stay home and pass out the candy. But when you live in the country you do not get any trick or tr eaters. We had a full weekend starting Friday at our house. I picked up my nieces in the morning from their house and brought them back to mine. We hung out till Rose got finished with school. Eventually, my mom and hubs and our friends Bobbie and Brad and sweet Bradsen joined us at the house. I made a yummy chicken tetrizzini for dinner. The 3 kids spent the night so Bobbie could have a break on Saturday. It was a full house! Kinda noisy too, but I love it.
♥
The kids found my stash of clothes for Kassie and started dressing up poor Kodiak. I think he might be scarred for life after wearing that tutu.

tehe...

My mom and Allyson gluing glitter on Rose's Halloween shirt.

Uh oh...BUSTED!!!

That glitter should be on the shirt not on your faces!

My yummy chicken tetrizzini.

Sweet Allyson!

Oooohhhhh...you're in trouble!!!! I'm telling Rose!

They gave Kristen Stewart a unibrow.

On Saturday afternoon we piled into our Xterra and went to the Whitefield house. We had homemade pizza for dinner...yummm!!!
♥
Kodiak was Superdog and Kassie was a ladybug.

"Don't make me look at you with my laser eyes!"

"Get me outta here mama!"

The kids ready to trick or treat. Allyson had already taken off for a party and I did not get a pic of her costume. It was cute though.

Kathleen was a cheerleader from high school musical. The letters on her top lit up.

Her lovely glamour make-up.

Bradsen was Bumblebee...from Transformers.

Brad is super artistic so we volunteered him to do Rose's make-up. I thought he did a fantastic job. I used hairspray to glue on the glitter on her chest, neck and hair. Her idea but then she peeled it all off because it "itched". Glamour does not come cheap...sometimes you have to take one for the team.

She is supposed to be Tinkerbell. A half good/half bad one. The tutu skirt was so cute. I just got a green top from the thrift store and added the glitter. Grandma found her some wings for .99 cents...and she forgot them at home. These wings were Bradsen's.

The glitter in her hair.

I just wanted to color my hair so we sprayed in 2 cans of the Halloween hair color spray. That was fun to wash out.

The neighborhood we went to was awesome. Everyone decorated their yards over-the-top. Then they set up in their driveways to hand out candy. Most of them made a party out of it with their families. They were prepared for a cold night as almost all of them had firepits going. But, it was actually a very warm night. No jackets needed! There were thousands of people trick or treating in this neighborhood. It was crazy...but fun.


This was a wall in someone's garage. Crazy!

One of the houses had a huge projector and screen set up and was showing Thriller. That was a big mob scene as everyone was stopping there to see it. Here are the girls watching it intently.

The mob scene!

Brad and Bradsen also watching Thriller.


My favorite yard. Here's what the tombstones said:
The pizza box...
Dracula...
The invisible man -we think...
Common sense...
I fell into a burning ring of fire...
Worst day ever...
Charger playoff hopes...
Vacancy ?...
I told you I was sick...


Anyhoodles...that was our Halloween!
♥
Next up...Christmas (with a slight detour to Thanksgiving)
3 comments:
So when I first saw the pic of your mom I got scared and thought she REALLY had a stache...SHew, I thought I was going to have to hold back some serious cracks.LOL
And the people hanging...tooo freaky! I like Halloween..but not that kind of Halloween. LOL
I love all the decorations... looks like y'all had a blast. Your mom's glitter mustache was funny and dinner looked YUMMY!!! ;)
Wow I can't believe how people go all out for Halloween. I have never seen it like that here. Maybe one house but not all the houses like that. People there must take Halloween seriuos. It would be fun walking around to see everything, but not my house all beck out like that.
Post a Comment