February 10, 2010

They said...I do!

Today we are sharing our favorite wedding memories. Of course, like many others doing this meme...I have more then one. Actually, I could go on and on and on and on about my wedding!
My dad walking me down the aisle. He did not walk my sister down the aisle for either of her weddings. The first because he was holding a lot of bitter feelings after "the divorce". The second because my sis got married 2 states away. I gave him an ultimatum for my wedding. Be there...in a tux...or lose this daughter...FOREVER! I stayed with him after "the divorce" so he owed me. If you know my dad at all then you will realize he was quite dapper that day. He is, after all, a rancher by trade.
This memory is kind of sweet. I decided to go with the flow. Nothing was going to ruin my day. I waited a very long time for this day! I did not have a ring bearer. My older nephew could not make it and my 2 younger nephews were too little. 2 year old Christopher managed to weasel his way away from his daddy and ran up to the stage to be with his mommy. Eventually dad corralled him. I didn't mind in the least.
Hubs' dad had passed away a few years before. We decided to honor him with a rose to hubs' mom. This was towards the end of the ceremony.

I was riding a high that day so I loved being the center of attention. So, walking into our reception as the Mr and Mrs was special.
We did not have any dancing at our reception. In fact, we had an early afternoon reception. Our photographer caught us alone in another room(potty break) and we got him to take a few fake dancing pics. We used this picture for our very first Xmas card together as a married couple.
Our niece, who is currently living with us, was in our wedding. She was only 7 years old.


4 comments:

Cassie said...

What a wonderful post and beautiful pictures. Feel free to stop by my blog and link up on my Love Story Link Up post!

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

You look beautiful! I am glad your dad walked you down the isle. I love the idea of honoring your husband's father, that is a wonderful way to keep the people who are no longer with us alive in our hearts! I am sure his spirit was right next to your husband's mother watching his son marry a wonderful woman!

HeatherOz said...

What a beautiful day! There are parts of my wedding day that I don't remember!

Tara G. said...

Pam, you look fabulous!!!!