The desert, taken from the Laguna mountains above.
Another desert shot from above.
This was shot from the desert below.
The flowers were amazing. I think we picked the best weekend to drive out to see them. Lots of city folk out there doing the same thing as we were. There are only 2 maybe 3 at the most weeks of peak flower time. These pictures were taken by myself and my hubs. He's pretty good too!
Ummm...yeah! There were a few bugs! This one was hiding real well but hubs has an eagle eye.
An Ocotillo tree. They had not reached their peak flowering time yet.
It was a gorgeous day. Look at that sky.
Even the cactus have gorgeous flowers. (most of the cactus has yet to flower as well)
Just watch where you are going. Tons of these suckers out there. (we saw some girls walking around the desert floor in mini skirts and flip flops...idiots!)
Hubs found this cactus, like the one above, that had rotted. Kind of an interesting pic.
And that concludes our day in the San Diego desert! (how many people knew San Diego had ocean, mountains and desert all in the same county?)




















7 comments:
Wow! Those flowers are amazing! I live in the desert and I have never seen flowers like that!
oh how i would love to photograph a little girl in the middle of all those flowers! The yellow is my fave. Great shots P and C....hey, I can see it now..P&C Photography :)
You did get out there at the right time! Beautiful shots!
Gorgeous! Makes me want to grab my camera and drive to the desert. :D
WOW!! BEAUTIFUL photos!! I want the one of the yellow flower in the middle to frame in my bedroom. Just beautiful!
Mrs. NB
Oh my goodness, these photos are fabulous! What gorgeous scenery! (The bugs I could do without, though) HAHA!
Great shots.
Post a Comment