March 31, 2010

Spring break fun...day 5

The movies we saw at the drive-in last night were very good. We saw How to train your dragon and the Percy Jackson movie. Very kid friendly. I would recommend either movie.

Today was supposed to be a low key day. The only thing I had planned was to go to a pottery painting store. No one bothered to tell me you could be there for hours and hours. It was fun though. Not a cheap hobby but definitely a fun girls date. They gave a discount on the sitting fee if we came with crazy hair. So, I crazied our hair big time.
Rose chose to paint Tinkerbell. (notice the other little girl. Not everyone showed up with crazy hair.)
I wanted to be more practical and paint something I could use. I've been wanting a cookie jar...they were all out! I've also been really needing a big bowl to put fruit in on my counter. I have been looking at the gorgeous wood ones but they were always too much money. So, now we have a ceramic one instead.
The colors are muted. They darken drastically when they have been fired. We get them back in a week. I'll post after pics then.
Tomorrow will be a low key day for sure. We are going...NO WHERE!!! But, Friday and all next week will be crazy busy. I will cherish my quiet day tomorrow.

Just in case anyone was wondering about hub's goatee...He got to KEEP IT!.....for now!

3 comments:

The Thompsons said...

LOL love it..and your hair..I thought it looked pretty hot like that lady! Now little Rose, she might want to stick with the flat iron.LOL

Nicole Kaminsky said...

Love the bowl! Did you go to the one in Grossmont? I want to go sometime sounds like fun.

{Kimber} said...

I LOVED the Dragon movie!! I think I loved it more than the kids :)
and I have always wanted to do the painting thing but never have!!
love the big hair :)